Need help?

Passwords repetition

Submitted by lawrence 10-09-2017 | 3 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

Here's an idea... Why not tell staff to ask for other letters from our pass words instead of always 1 & 3?

Had scammers phone asking for the very same!

They have obviously cottoned-on

Get more ideas related to: Beat the scammers Phone

Passwords repetition

Here's an idea... Why not tell staff to ask for other letters from our pass words instead of always 1 & 3?

What do you think?
3 Comments
Wizz Kid

just talking to one of your telephone staff in loyalty department and again am asked for characters 1 & 3 of password. When i rasie this point she says it is Talktalk policy to ask for 1 & 3. Never any other combo. Just 1 & 3.

That Talktalk, is BAD security policy. I would think after already having been victims of a major security breach in the past, you would have formulated a better security policy. i.e. ask for any combo, not a predictable 1 & 3.

You're losing the battle as I have had two phone calls now from non talktalk numbers. These people specifically ask for chars 1 & 3 from the password and purport to be talktalk representatives. They also have other info about me such as address, name and not sure what else. Maybe from your last hack?!

Spmeone get back to me and confirm you are changing this now outdated policy of only asking for chars 1 & 3!!

Enlightened One

@lawrence wrote:

But if TT phone staff are to ask for other numbers - this means that they would have to know our whole passwords - do you honestly trust someone in a call centre in Mumbai with such info ?

They are only (supposed) to know a certain combination of numbers - not the whole number - to "protect" us - but laziness means that they always use the same question

Whilst I agree that this is not perfect - it is preferable to the alternative

So unless TT can bring support back in house to UK - we are stuck

Conversation Starter

I don't even know my password and they won't let me change it. Doesn't stop me though!