Need help?

Personal Messaging : Abuse Control

Submitted by Gondola 19-01-2020 | 6 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 2 of 4

Enable Personal Messaging for all members but set the default for receipt of Personal Messages for all members to Ignore All.

Members should choose to accept messages from other members on a per member request basis. Add to Community Private Messenger Settings the options for Ignore All / Accept All / Accept or Ignore Individually.

Get more ideas related to: Community

Personal Messaging : Abuse Control

Enable Personal Messaging for all members but set the default for receipt of Personal Messages for all members to Ignore All.

Members should choose to accept messages from other members on a per member request basis. Add to Community Private Messenger Settings the options for Ignore All / Accept All / Accept or Ignore Individually.

What do you think?
6 Comments
Insightful One

@Gondola why not raise the issue with the manager on here if u have ur own issue with it??

Community Star

Thanks Joe. We had a new member abusing the Personal Messaging service. Stephen is on the case already.

The original scheme that wasn't working was to disallow Personal Messaging until a member was active in the Community. This disadvantaged newbies. So, my idea is to allow Personal Messaging automatically but to prevent abuse it's up to individual members to select whether they wish to receive unsolicited messages from all or none or selected members only. The default being receive no messages except from TalkTalk authorised members.

But, hey, thanks for the contribution.

Insightful One

@Gondola they have something like that on meetup which is good. u might find they are planing changes 

Community Star

Hi Joe...if only I had time to get in to even more social media!  Thanks for the heads-up. I hadn't heard about 'meetup' but my social calendar is already overloaded with local meetings!

Awesome thought though!

Community Team
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi Gondola,

Thanks for the suggestion, I've asked Stephen to take a look, I'll let you know when it get some feedback

Chris

Community Star

That'll be champion, Chris!