cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Please add scheduled access by MAC or IP address to DSL-3782 firmware

Submitted by jantelzak | 5 Comments

Most families with children would be very likely to appreciate the ability to have scheduled periods when their kids devices can not access the network. 

I would like to be able to configure the router so my sons tablet, phone and xbox are unable to access the internet from 8pm until 8am.  I might decide to be popular mum on odd occassions by extending play time on one of these devices (probably as a reward for good behaviour) so making it fairly simple to change (and not buried layers down in the settings) would be an added bonus.

When I discovered this ability on my BT router and told my friends about it several decided to change to BT just for this ability.  I would not have changed to Talk Talk had I not been promised it was also available on their service.  This could really influence your sales Wink

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

0 Likes

Please add scheduled access by MAC or IP address to DSL-3782 firmware

Most families with children would be very likely to appreciate the ability to have scheduled periods when their kids devices can not access the network. 

I would like to be able to configure the router so my sons tablet, phone and xbox are unable to access the internet from 8pm until 8am.  I might decide to be popular mum on odd occassions by extending play time on one of these devices (probably as a reward for good behaviour) so making it fairly simple to change (and not buried layers down in the settings) would be an added bonus.

When I discovered this ability on my BT router and told my friends about it several decided to change to BT just for this ability.  I would not have changed to Talk Talk had I not been promised it was also available on their service.  This could really influence your sales Wink

What do you think?
5 Comments
Community Team
Status changed to: Not Right Now

@jantelzak Thanks for the feedback and I will pass this on. Have you had a look at our SuperSafe boost which has parental controls?

SuperSafe Boost Overview

Chatterbox

Can you install supersafe boost on an xbox?

Community Star

Hi @azamac Supersafe Boost will not run on the XBox. Supersafe is not needed on an XBox.  XBox software is certified virus free by Microsoft. Parental controls with time limits are already included on the XBox.

Chatterbox

Im thinking that they are only available to set time limits on xbox when the account is in a childs name his profile was set up by his grandmother who put her date of birth in i can not control his time limits as its an adult account to set him up a new one would lose him all his achievements etc so not really an option at moment i will look in to if i can change the age on profile thanks though

Team Player

Hi, the manual says that time scheduling by mac filter is available, but I can't find it.  Help please....

ftp://ftp.dlink.de/dsl/dsl-3782/documentation/DSL-3782_man_reva_Manual_en.pdf    page 56