cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Please can we have time-scheduled wifi blocking on children's devices

Submitted by nji1234 12-05-2019 | 1 Comment

Homesafe doesn't address a major issue for parents - ensuring our children get a good night's sleep.

I have moved to talktalk from another provider where I used my own netgear wifi router (plugged into their modem) which gave me parental control facilities. This allowed me to block all wifi between scheduled times (say 9.30pm to 8am) every day on specific devices. Other devices (such as adults' phones) were not blocked.

It is important that this allowed blocking across midnight, unlike homesafe, and also unlike homesafe, all wifi, not just chosen websites (which leaves loads of apps still available like the xbox app) was blocked.

Given that individual devices can be seen by the superhub router talktalk provide, this should be a relatively simple to incorporate, and could be added to the admin functionality of the superhub.

Thousands of parents would thank you!)

(I would happily continue to use my netgear router (as I had intended to do) but it does not have a adsl socket, and when plugged into the superhub ethernet socket I can no longer access the admin settings as it has the same IP address 192.168.1.1 as the superhub, With last provider the modem had a differnet ip address (192.168.1.0) so this was not an issue.)

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

Please can we have time-scheduled wifi blocking on children's devices

Homesafe doesn't address a major issue for parents - ensuring our children get a good night's sleep.

I have moved to talktalk from another provider where I used my own netgear wifi router (plugged into their modem) which gave me parental control facilities. This allowed me to block all wifi between scheduled times (say 9.30pm to 8am) every day on specific devices. Other devices (such as adults' phones) were not blocked.

It is important that this allowed blocking across midnight, unlike homesafe, and also unlike homesafe, all wifi, not just chosen websites (which leaves loads of apps still available like the xbox app) was blocked.

Given that individual devices can be seen by the superhub router talktalk provide, this should be a relatively simple to incorporate, and could be added to the admin functionality of the superhub.

Thousands of parents would thank you!)

(I would happily continue to use my netgear router (as I had intended to do) but it does not have a adsl socket, and when plugged into the superhub ethernet socket I can no longer access the admin settings as it has the same IP address 192.168.1.1 as the superhub, With last provider the modem had a differnet ip address (192.168.1.0) so this was not an issue.)

What do you think?
1 Comment
Community Team
Status changed to: Duplicate

@nji1234  We already have an ideas thread for your suggestion which I've included below and we have raised this feedback over for future consideration. Thanks

Add patenal controls to the new WifiHub