cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Provide opendata for public use.

Submitted by Danny0991 18-04-2017 | 5 Comments

In many countries citizens have access to all sorts of data from statistics to public spending ( In governments ) that is completly open for anyone to view but here in the UK we don't really have that why not? I know we do have if FOI but making a FOI reqest doesn't guarantee you will get an answer nor is it the same.

Any data that does not contain sensative/personal information could be public as there is no need for it to be hidden. I know this does add extra resouce costs when doing this but by doing this people will have more trust.

Talktalk could do their part by listing data per year

1) How many new customers signed up to talktalk

2) How many are long term customers ( IE. 5+ years )

3) How many have ended services or switched to other providers

4) Total number of customers by the services they have ( IE. How many have TV/Mobile with broadband and phone )

5) How many customers have had few or no services ( Due to outages )

6) Average length of times outages lasted ( IE. in days/weeks/months ) 

7) How many customers receive close to expected speeds ( For the package they have ) 

😎 How many customers receive poor speeds ( For the package they have ) 

They are just a few that i can think of right now but other people may have their own ideas, I would like if someone from talktalk could respond to me too on this matter.

Get more ideas related to: Other

0 Likes

Provide opendata for public use.

In many countries citizens have access to all sorts of data from statistics to public spending ( In governments ) that is completly open for anyone to view but here in the UK we don't really have that why not? I know we do have if FOI but making a FOI reqest doesn't guarantee you will get an answer nor is it the same.

Any data that does not contain sensative/personal information could be public as there is no need for it to be hidden. I know this does add extra resouce costs when doing this but by doing this people will have more trust.

Talktalk could do their part by listing data per year

1) How many new customers signed up to talktalk

2) How many are long term customers ( IE. 5+ years )

3) How many have ended services or switched to other providers

4) Total number of customers by the services they have ( IE. How many have TV/Mobile with broadband and phone )

5) How many customers have had few or no services ( Due to outages )

6) Average length of times outages lasted ( IE. in days/weeks/months ) 

7) How many customers receive close to expected speeds ( For the package they have ) 

😎 How many customers receive poor speeds ( For the package they have ) 

They are just a few that i can think of right now but other people may have their own ideas, I would like if someone from talktalk could respond to me too on this matter.

What do you think?
5 Comments
Community Star

Hi @Danny0991  you'll find a lot of information is over on the TalkTalk Group website. Not quite so detailed as you're asking for but if you're keen, have a look at their financials reports.  And the Ofcom website is also good for reports about broadband speeds and customer satisfaction.

Team Player

Community Star

...you've put forward the idea for TalkTalk to consider so it's now firmly on their list. Things like customers being without service may well be part of their operating statistics in response to Ofcom's call, and current consultation, for better compensation payments.  I'm saying this purely as a customer myself.

Team Player

I understand, Thanks for the reply.

Community Manager - TT Staff
Status changed to: Unable to Deliver

Hi @Danny0991,

As suggested by @Gondola some of the information you've asked about could be obtained in our annual results or group site, however, some of what you're asking for could be deemed a commercially sensitive as such i don't see how it would be immediately available for public consumption. TalkTalk also publishes and share all the required information that we are required by law and regulators. 

At this moment in time it's not possible to provide all the requested information.