Need help?

Re-launch TalkTalk Mobile

Submitted by Nick_Selkent1 20-02-2021 | 1 Comment

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

I was a bit surprised when TalkTalk were shutting down its mobile phone service a few years ago but there are a lot of things that have come to light.

1. marketing of TalkTalk Mobile was very poor. I didn’t know it existed until it was announced that it was closing.

2. Vodafone are a difficult network to work with especially for a virtual network operator. Sainsbury’s mobile ended the same way and was blamed on Vodafone wanting more costs.

3. Say what you want about BT, they are the only company to work with rivals and improving on how its rivals can improve and I’m not talking about the parts of BT that are Ofcom regulated I’m talking about the EE mobile network, virtual networks have a good relationship with the group

4. TalkTalk mobile was only directed at TalkTalk Broadband customers only.

So a new TalkTalk Mobile service could start with the basics selling up to 5G:

pay as you go (prepay)

It appears that some or most networks do not offer their pay as you go customers 5G signal, in one case EE does not allow 5G for its pay as you go customers and even worse the 4G signal is only for using the internet, as soon as you make a call on EE pay as you go, your mobile will drop down to 3G and even 2G in some areas.

The best 5G is likely to be the Three network (Hutchison 3G UK) once completed, however Three intend on selling off all of their mobile phone masts to a company called Cellnex which means Three will no longer own them and it would be up to Cellnex who rents them, yes Three would have to rent them too as legally they will no longer own or operate them.

Another network best for 5G is EE/BT, the company has a good reputation for being a host for virtual networks.

Anyway to start off...TalkTalk should launch a pay as you go service for everyone not just TalkTalk customers but TalkTalk broadband customers of course would still have some perks

pay as you go tariffs:

Simple 1,2,3

- Calls to UK landlines and mobiles 3ppm

-Texts to UK landlines and mobiles 2ppm

- internet 1p per megabyte 

TalkTalk Unlimited (£15 min top up)

- Calls to TalkTalk landlines Free

- Calls to TalkTalk Mobiles Free

- Calls to non TT landlines 10p per minute

- calls to other UK mobiles 10p per minute

- MMS to all networks: 40p

Add-ons

100 MMS for £4 per month

unlimited calls to landlines for £4 per month

200 call minute to call 084 and 087 £3

pay monthly sims with unlimited data and lots of calls and texts in on sim only deals should launched too and if successful, TalkTalk can begin selling phones with contracts.

Just next time make sure you make TalkTalk Mobile hit a wider audience and launch something unique that other networks don’t offer and keep prices low together with good customer services and I’m sure you will be a success!

Get more ideas related to: Mobile

0 Likes

Re-launch TalkTalk Mobile

I was a bit surprised when TalkTalk were shutting down its mobile phone service a few years ago but there are a lot of things that have come to light.

1. marketing of TalkTalk Mobile was very poor. I didn’t know it existed until it was announced that it was closing.

2. Vodafone are a difficult network to work with especially for a virtual network operator. Sainsbury’s mobile ended the same way and was blamed on Vodafone wanting more costs.

3. Say what you want about BT, they are the only company to work with rivals and improving on how its rivals can improve and I’m not talking about the parts of BT that are Ofcom regulated I’m talking about the EE mobile network, virtual networks have a good relationship with the group

4. TalkTalk mobile was only directed at TalkTalk Broadband customers only.

So a new TalkTalk Mobile service could start with the basics selling up to 5G:

pay as you go (prepay)

It appears that some or most networks do not offer their pay as you go customers 5G signal, in one case EE does not allow 5G for its pay as you go customers and even worse the 4G signal is only for using the internet, as soon as you make a call on EE pay as you go, your mobile will drop down to 3G and even 2G in some areas.

The best 5G is likely to be the Three network (Hutchison 3G UK) once completed, however Three intend on selling off all of their mobile phone masts to a company called Cellnex which means Three will no longer own them and it would be up to Cellnex who rents them, yes Three would have to rent them too as legally they will no longer own or operate them.

Another network best for 5G is EE/BT, the company has a good reputation for being a host for virtual networks.

Anyway to start off...TalkTalk should launch a pay as you go service for everyone not just TalkTalk customers but TalkTalk broadband customers of course would still have some perks

pay as you go tariffs:

Simple 1,2,3

- Calls to UK landlines and mobiles 3ppm

-Texts to UK landlines and mobiles 2ppm

- internet 1p per megabyte 

TalkTalk Unlimited (£15 min top up)

- Calls to TalkTalk landlines Free

- Calls to TalkTalk Mobiles Free

- Calls to non TT landlines 10p per minute

- calls to other UK mobiles 10p per minute

- MMS to all networks: 40p

Add-ons

100 MMS for £4 per month

unlimited calls to landlines for £4 per month

200 call minute to call 084 and 087 £3

pay monthly sims with unlimited data and lots of calls and texts in on sim only deals should launched too and if successful, TalkTalk can begin selling phones with contracts.

Just next time make sure you make TalkTalk Mobile hit a wider audience and launch something unique that other networks don’t offer and keep prices low together with good customer services and I’m sure you will be a success!

What do you think?
1 Comment
hosay299
Philosopher

@Nick_Selkent1 they have now gone with o2 so why not see what o2 have on their own and then see what deals the tt site shows with o2

i am with o2 on their own and have good offer contracts to my needs