Need help?

Refusing unwanted call

Submitted by DGEC4 20-03-2021 | 1 Comment

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

How can I refuse an individual incoming call while it’s still ringing, in the same way that I can with a mobile? I have a Panasonic corded phone, but assume any method would apply to most other brands. I do use Last Call Blocking, but by then automatically generated nuisance/scam calls have detected an answer, so validated the number’s existence.

Without using Call Safe, which can be a nuisance for genuine callers, I was hoping to find a way of refusing calls that show on the screen as being dubious. As I understand it, answering a call or even allowing it to go to TT voicemail or my own answerphone proves the existence of the number, so attracting more nuisance/scam calls. A problem with Last Call Barring is that the scammers simply use another spoofed number every time.

It amazes me that the phone companies haven’t come up with technology that prevents the spoofing of numbers. I realise it would have to be applied internationally to be fully effective, so would probably need the International Telecommunication Union to instigate such action globally. The same problem obviously happens all over the world, doesn’t it?

Get more ideas related to: Beat the Scammers

0 Likes

Refusing unwanted call

How can I refuse an individual incoming call while it’s still ringing, in the same way that I can with a mobile? I have a Panasonic corded phone, but assume any method would apply to most other brands. I do use Last Call Blocking, but by then automatically generated nuisance/scam calls have detected an answer, so validated the number’s existence.

Without using Call Safe, which can be a nuisance for genuine callers, I was hoping to find a way of refusing calls that show on the screen as being dubious. As I understand it, answering a call or even allowing it to go to TT voicemail or my own answerphone proves the existence of the number, so attracting more nuisance/scam calls. A problem with Last Call Barring is that the scammers simply use another spoofed number every time.

It amazes me that the phone companies haven’t come up with technology that prevents the spoofing of numbers. I realise it would have to be applied internationally to be fully effective, so would probably need the International Telecommunication Union to instigate such action globally. The same problem obviously happens all over the world, doesn’t it?

What do you think?
1 Comment
hosay299
Philosopher

@DGEC4 for help post in help side in home phone in ur own topic and staff will help next week sometime 

A bite of info of Forum:
The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time,(excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays).  The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:- Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

please do not post any personal info on here as full public