Submitted by omendata 24-03-2018 | 1 Comment

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

Most useful features for me that Virgin and Sky have

Remote setting of recordings from outside the home on youview box

Virgin recently changed theirs so its only available over a mobile phone - ridiculous mistake as mos tof the people I know do it via a web browser from either their pc at work or on a laptop on the bus or train on the way home - It seems Virgin doesnt listen to customers and implements the most idiotic changes - I mean do they actually relaise how difficult and cumbersome it is to do anything like this on a mobile phone 5 inch screen.

If Talktalk implemented this feature I am sure it woulds really be an advantage over Virgin.

The new firmware for the Youview DN boxes has been a bit of a disaster:-

Can we have the ability to see our series links and to delete and change them?

The ability like the Virgin Tivo has to record new or older programs or new only is very useful or on the new Tivo-6 the ability to start recording a series from Series-x ie Series 12 onwards of Wheeler Dealers say - It just clogs up the box with stuff you have already seen.

How about a S.M.A.R.T. diagnostics for the hard drive in the Utils menu of the Youview - very usefful for engineers and helpdesk to quickly diagnose a failing Hdu - The most common cause of PVR failures!!!

Better RF shielding on the DN372T tuner.

Faster Cpu.

Ability to record more than just 2 channels at a time - Virgin and Sky now have 6 tuners - Talktalk are lagging way behind the technology.

I could go on suggesting more but thats for a start...

Hopefully someone will actually read these pages of suggestions from custoimers because Virgin surely doesnt!

Get more ideas related to: TV

0 Likes

Remote programming of youview box when outside the home

Most useful features for me that Virgin and Sky have

Remote setting of recordings from outside the home on youview box

Virgin recently changed theirs so its only available over a mobile phone - ridiculous mistake as mos tof the people I know do it via a web browser from either their pc at work or on a laptop on the bus or train on the way home - It seems Virgin doesnt listen to customers and implements the most idiotic changes - I mean do they actually relaise how difficult and cumbersome it is to do anything like this on a mobile phone 5 inch screen.

If Talktalk implemented this feature I am sure it woulds really be an advantage over Virgin.

The new firmware for the Youview DN boxes has been a bit of a disaster:-

Can we have the ability to see our series links and to delete and change them?

The ability like the Virgin Tivo has to record new or older programs or new only is very useful or on the new Tivo-6 the ability to start recording a series from Series-x ie Series 12 onwards of Wheeler Dealers say - It just clogs up the box with stuff you have already seen.

How about a S.M.A.R.T. diagnostics for the hard drive in the Utils menu of the Youview - very usefful for engineers and helpdesk to quickly diagnose a failing Hdu - The most common cause of PVR failures!!!

Better RF shielding on the DN372T tuner.

Faster Cpu.

Ability to record more than just 2 channels at a time - Virgin and Sky now have 6 tuners - Talktalk are lagging way behind the technology.

I could go on suggesting more but thats for a start...

Hopefully someone will actually read these pages of suggestions from custoimers because Virgin surely doesnt!

What do you think?
1 Comment
Community Team
Status changed to: New

@omendata Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. Have you seen the below Help Articles? I'll also pass your feedback over to our TV products team.

TalkTalk TV Planner App

About the TalkTalk TV website and app