cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Reporting problems through the forum.

Submitted by ucsweb 18-10-2017 | 5 Comments

Can I suggest that you include the "number of views" in the forum as part of the criteria to raise a problem. I have just learned that if you post a problem and it gets a lot of "me too" responses it goes down in importance. To flag it as a bigger problem everyone has to create a new post. This may not be under the same or a similar name!

I think that if hundreds of people are looking at similar problems this would be a better warning flag.

Either that or add a button at the bottom of the post, beside "reply" that people can use to report the same problem with the same title.

Get more ideas related to: Community

0 Likes

Reporting problems through the forum.

Can I suggest that you include the "number of views" in the forum as part of the criteria to raise a problem. I have just learned that if you post a problem and it gets a lot of "me too" responses it goes down in importance. To flag it as a bigger problem everyone has to create a new post. This may not be under the same or a similar name!

I think that if hundreds of people are looking at similar problems this would be a better warning flag.

Either that or add a button at the bottom of the post, beside "reply" that people can use to report the same problem with the same title.

What do you think?
5 Comments
Community Team - TT Staff
Status changed to: New

@ucsweb Thanks for your suggestion. In theory this is a really good idea, however a lot of faults may not be related and as we advise all customers not to post any personal information on the Community, then it would be hard to know exactly if the fault is related to a specific area just by reading a post.

Although a lot of faults sound like they could be similar, they may actually be related to different things such as line fault, routers fault, related to firmware or internal wiring/equipment at the property, etc.

We always ask all our customers to create there own individual threads to ensure that we don't mix up two potentially different issues and to avoid confusion.

Status changed to: Unable to Deliver

Conversation Starter

Hi OCE_Michelle,

What about the suggestion "Add a button at the bottom of the post, beside "reply" that people can use to report the same problem with the same title". At the moment you could have everybody report problems under different titles and it would not flag that there is any similarity between them. For example https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email-Webmail/Login-to-server-imap-talktalk-net-failed/td-p/2113... has nearly 900 views and the same problem has been reported under other titles.

@ucsweb

@ucsweb Thanks for clarifying, this is a good idea. We're currently investigating a new function were you can tag your posts.

We're hoping to use this tagging feature for real time analysis to see what our customers are posting about, but also for customer to be able to tag there posts to another post that best describes there issue whilst also being able to see what issues have already been tagged.

Would this be beneficial?

Conversation Starter

I understand that there could be many different causes of a fault but, the present system doesn't seem to work as well as it could. Tagging would be better but you may have to read many posts and tag to make it effective.

I had to create a new user as I could not get my old one back after a password problem.