Need help?

Rigged Broadband Test?

Submitted by Kalam Azad 16-07-2020 | 2 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

Is the broadband test accurate? I did a test side by side on the same computer but on different tabs. One of them was on Ookla and the other was on TalkTalk but I got completely different results. Ookla says I got 15mbps and Talk Talk says I got 37mbps. Overall, I trust Okkla more, but if I'm wrong please correct me.

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

Rigged Broadband Test?

Is the broadband test accurate? I did a test side by side on the same computer but on different tabs. One of them was on Ookla and the other was on TalkTalk but I got completely different results. Ookla says I got 15mbps and Talk Talk says I got 37mbps. Overall, I trust Okkla more, but if I'm wrong please correct me.

What do you think?
2 Comments
Community Star

It might just be bad variability in your speed.

I have often done them side by side and found them very similar. 

....in which case, you need to post for help in the Broadband section, @Kalam Azad!

Conversation Starter

Talk Talk Speed Test may be hosted within there own server cluster, this may produce favourable results.

My preferred speed test is testmy.net

It has been my experience that shows better results during potential problems as when all is running well the difference in speed is not that far apart, the testmy.net service uses servers outside of ISP control.

Give it a try and draw your own conclusions.

Here is the link to my test which is running at the moment https://testmy.net/stats/?t=u&l=1000&q=Bayleyvilla&f=1

As you will see there is a problem at the moment that should resolve in the next 24 / 48 hours.