cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

SMS from landlines

Submitted by AJMSmith 10-07-2017 | 5 Comments

SMS compatable landline phones have been available now for the best part of a decade (see threads going back to at least 2010).

When is TT going to enable the use of SMS on landlines?

A

Get more ideas related to: Phone

SMS from landlines

SMS compatable landline phones have been available now for the best part of a decade (see threads going back to at least 2010).

When is TT going to enable the use of SMS on landlines?

A

What do you think?
5 Comments
Enlightened One

I agree - as a virtually non-speaker - I would find any additional utilities on the phone useful

Especially - the ability to send and receive text messages !!

Community Team
Status changed to: Not Right Now

@AJMSmith Thanks for your idea. This is not something that we're looking into at the moment, however it has been passed to our Products Team for future consideration.

Enlightened One

Even "enabling" TT landlines to accept incoming txt messages would be a step in the  right direction - I used to txt our BT landline - 20 years ago and it was read out - whats changed to make such a backwards step ?

Come Back Kid

I'm with Weevie - how about it ?

Popular Poster

I was told when switching from BT to TT that ALL landline services had equivalent TT functionality. It was a great way to send and receive texts that were to the household. Useful if you don't want companies to bother you at work. Switched to TT and now have no texts. Even though the telecoms spec sets out standards for SMS over landline. So not ALL services have an equivalent. Surprised TT have not switched this option on and then charged a £0.05 per text!