Need help?

Send Confirmations!

Submitted by mhowarth 09-04-2018 | 4 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 2 of 4

So recently i've been experiencing slow broadband speeds and my experience of TalkTalk customer support team on live chat, text, forum and phone line has been abysmal.

I've been told an openreach engineer was coming to visit, only to wait in all day to have nobody come - then when I call i'm told nobody was ever booked.

I've made a 'BrightSparks' appointment for Saturday only to get a text the next day saying my appointment on Wednesday was cancelled - I never had a wednesday appointment?

I was told I was getting a £16.54 credit to my account due to the slow speeds - not seen anything yet?

These are just a few examples, but where I have asked for confirmation each time I am told by call centre staff they're not able to send confirmation or emails. How can an ISP's technical support team not send emails?

If you make an appointment or get a credit to your account it should be immediately confirmed by email so you have some proof.

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

Send Confirmations!

So recently i've been experiencing slow broadband speeds and my experience of TalkTalk customer support team on live chat, text, forum and phone line has been abysmal.

I've been told an openreach engineer was coming to visit, only to wait in all day to have nobody come - then when I call i'm told nobody was ever booked.

I've made a 'BrightSparks' appointment for Saturday only to get a text the next day saying my appointment on Wednesday was cancelled - I never had a wednesday appointment?

I was told I was getting a £16.54 credit to my account due to the slow speeds - not seen anything yet?

These are just a few examples, but where I have asked for confirmation each time I am told by call centre staff they're not able to send confirmation or emails. How can an ISP's technical support team not send emails?

If you make an appointment or get a credit to your account it should be immediately confirmed by email so you have some proof.

What do you think?
4 Comments
Participant

These all seem pretty basic requests to me. Compensation for engineer no show and penalistion for client not home on an engineer visit arranged date appear to me to go a long way to resolving these grumbles (as long as the figures are equal). I'm certain that auto sending appointment emails is not beyond the wit of man and indeed Talktalk)

Community Team - TT Staff
Status changed to: Investigating

@mhowarth Thank you for the suggestion. I've passed your feedback on and it is something that we are looking into, however we have no specific timescales at the moment.

Wizz Kid

This was a very reasonable suggestion, in my view. What is the outcome please?

Community Team - TT Staff

@jehu44 This is still something that we're keen to deliver, however we don't have a delivery date as yet. I'll update this idea as soon as I have more info.