cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Service Changes : Subscribe to notifications

Submitted by Gondola 10-06-2018 | 3 Comments

I'd like to see a Service Changes area where planned works and changes to TalkTalk core services are flagged up and members can subscribe to email notifications. Things like planned outages, changes to email security, changes to webspace and moving of off-net customers to Rakuten, for example, together with links to find further help.

Just a thought as customer could choose to get push-notifications / subscription notifications by email of service changes to be better prepared.

Subscribing to Service Status and a seeing a recent Service Status history may also be useful.

Get more ideas related to: Community

Service Changes : Subscribe to notifications

I'd like to see a Service Changes area where planned works and changes to TalkTalk core services are flagged up and members can subscribe to email notifications. Things like planned outages, changes to email security, changes to webspace and moving of off-net customers to Rakuten, for example, together with links to find further help.

Just a thought as customer could choose to get push-notifications / subscription notifications by email of service changes to be better prepared.

Subscribing to Service Status and a seeing a recent Service Status history may also be useful.

What do you think?
3 Comments
Community Team
Status changed to: New

@Gondola Thanks for your suggestion and I've passed the feedback over to see if any of these features can be added to future developments.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Thanks for the suggestion @Gondola It's a great idea, we won't be looking to add any new functionality to the existing service status dashboard as we're busy working on a brand new personalised version Check my service which is specific to your line, tells you about issues in your area and can run a line test, whilst you're unable to get email alerts you can signup to SMS alerts when there is an issue in your area, in the future we'll be adding more features to this service. 

Community Star

The development of 'Check my service' to include SMS alerts for local issues, like planned exchange or edge router outages and network faults affecting individual customers, is very welcome.