cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Should Renewing Contract also renew discounted services? Not totally clear at present

Submitted by fr8ys | 4 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 2 of 4

I have renewed my contract as you are able to do to get a reduced package price and noticed the phrase that other boost and discounts are "carried over."

I took this to mean that they were also renewed at the existing level as part of the renewal process, but they are separate and shown as such when you view you Bill in My Account.

I'm sure there are other customers who probably feel they have extended their boosts at the same time as it was part of the original package (Contract) they signed up to.

I appreciate that boosts etc. are on a month by month basis so you can cancel at any time, and you may have signed up to a boost at a discounted level for a certain period, but I think it would be an idea to actually specify the end date of boosts discounts when renewing your contract online (from a transparency of contract perspective) and also have the opportunity to extend the boosts at the same level (if appropriate / available) or take advantage of any special deals that may be better on the boosts you currently have. 

Get more ideas related to: Billing

Should Renewing Contract also renew discounted services? Not totally clear at present

I have renewed my contract as you are able to do to get a reduced package price and noticed the phrase that other boost and discounts are "carried over."

I took this to mean that they were also renewed at the existing level as part of the renewal process, but they are separate and shown as such when you view you Bill in My Account.

I'm sure there are other customers who probably feel they have extended their boosts at the same time as it was part of the original package (Contract) they signed up to.

I appreciate that boosts etc. are on a month by month basis so you can cancel at any time, and you may have signed up to a boost at a discounted level for a certain period, but I think it would be an idea to actually specify the end date of boosts discounts when renewing your contract online (from a transparency of contract perspective) and also have the opportunity to extend the boosts at the same level (if appropriate / available) or take advantage of any special deals that may be better on the boosts you currently have. 

What do you think?
4 Comments
Community Team
Status changed to: Investigating

@fr8ys Thanks for the suggestion and I'll pass your feedback on.

Team Player

I had a similar discussion with a Talktalk representative recently. As I understand it to request a new contract when your current contract is still running is NOT classed as a renewal so the boost discounts are NOT carried over.

The wording on the website is not clear in this respect - it should say you are not renewing your contract if your current contract still has time to run. 

I gather you can only renew your contract if your contract has actually expired.

I think fr8ys has a valid point here.

Community Star

@OCE_Michelle

Any update on this issue please?

I've noticed that there seemed to be some confusion over the SuperSafe Boost as it seems some got 8 licences free for a period (no longer) and this did not show up in the "renew" section. 

As I mentioned, as part of getting the same offers at the cheapest available at the time (treating all customers equally), shouldn't we also be able to take advantage of an existing boost we have at a cheaper cost if they are available? We loyal customers lose out otherwise.

Community Team

The boost end date is available in My Account : TalkTalk > My Account > Home > Summary > My bills & payments > View latest bill > Detailed > Package > Information label > 'This discount ends on dd mmm yyyy

In terms of the existing boost discounts its not possible online as promotions change, but it may be possible over the telephone our loyalty team me be able to manually add discounts

Thanks