Need help?

Show Contract length or End Date

Submitted by aviarybirds | 35 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 3 of 4

You should include on your monthly bill the date your contract commenced or when contract ends, it would also be beneficial to have this displayed within my account somewhere.

Latest Update: Status Accepted

This is something that we are going to look at in the future (we have no specific timescales at the moment), however this has been partially delivered. If you're on our new fixed price plan, you'll see a message in myaccount regarding when your discount will expire. This is essentially your contract end date as the discount is for the duration of the contract.

Get more ideas related to: Billing

Show Contract length or End Date

You should include on your monthly bill the date your contract commenced or when contract ends, it would also be beneficial to have this displayed within my account somewhere.

Latest Update: Status Accepted

This is something that we are going to look at in the future (we have no specific timescales at the moment), however this has been partially delivered. If you're on our new fixed price plan, you'll see a message in myaccount regarding when your discount will expire. This is essentially your contract end date as the discount is for the duration of the contract.

What do you think?
35 Comments
Insightful One

TalkTalk customers have been pushing to have Contract dates added to the My Account front page, next to the  Telephone Number, and Account Number data, like ................. forever!

I fully support that view!

Adding the information to the monthly bill could be an option.

Community Manager

Thanks for the suggestion @aviarybirds I've tweaked it slightly "hope you don't mind", would be great to see what other members think of this idea, lets see if we can get some more likes :)  

Enlightened One

is there not enough evidence already on the forum to suggest this should be available without having to phone up or post on here.  Loads of "when does my contract end?" or similar posts.

Super Duper Contributor

I think lots of people have to like my suggestion as you say there are loads of customers asking how long is left. I renewed my contract in december 18 months at £27 if you find a better deal within talktalkl you can change now talktalk are offering 24 months at £27 so i tried to renew my contract to the better deal of 24 months it says your account has changed and a email will be sent which i have not rec'd i could phone to check but it takes so long and then everything has to be repeated time and time again.

Philosopher
As far as I am aware, this demand was raised many years ago, but conveniently ignored and brushed aside. Quite a few of those posts were removed as irrelevant. OCE Stephen only has to look back on those forum postings to realise this need. Why is it made to sound like they are considering this as a new killer feature? Just do it and do not make it sound as if TT doing its clients a big favour.
Super Duper Contributor

@StephenF Its not more "Likes" that customers want to see but action.  As many customers have highlighted, this should be visible in My Account details.

I have been trying for sometime to get Talktalk to put customer broadband speed information as Ofcom Code of Practice into MY Account details without any success.  Thats a compliance issue so what chance for a non compliance issue like that suggested.

Excuse my cynisim but it suits Talktalk not to provide that information as it can be seen as a 30m day cash cow if someones out of contract and wants to leave at short notice.

Insightful One

I totally concur with your views maniben / brandyman, which are much as I stated, but aviarybirds original opening statement was ……

‘You should include on your monthly bill the date your contract commenced or when contract ends.’

…… and the reason for my response, Quote: ‘Adding the information to the monthly bill could be an option.’

’Community Manager’ StephenF took it upon himself to ‘tweek’ the post, and expand the options, and as a consequence, the aviarybirds suggestion has effectively not been addressed!

~R.

Wizz Kid

Completely agree, its not as though it would be a huge technological undertaking..In fact of all the subscription services I use TalkTalk is the only subscription service that doesn't.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Investigating

Thanks for the suggestion @aviarybirds, We're currently investigating and we'll come back with an update when we know more.  

Community Team
Status changed to: Accepted

Hey @aviarybirds this is something that we are going to look at in the future (we have no specific timescales at the moment), however this has been partially delivered.

If you're on our new fixed price plan, you'll see a message in myaccount regarding when your discount will expire. This is essentially your contract end date as the discount is for the duration of the contract.