Need help?

Show email address on preview pane

Submitted by ancientbird 25-03-2017 | 4 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

To help stop the phishing emails it would be a benefit to see the email address rather than a company name or individual's name. I opened one thinking it was Sainsbury's but the email address would have shown me it was not.

Get more ideas related to: Email

Show email address on preview pane

To help stop the phishing emails it would be a benefit to see the email address rather than a company name or individual's name. I opened one thinking it was Sainsbury's but the email address would have shown me it was not.

What do you think?
4 Comments
Community Manager

@ancientbird thanks for sharing the idea, could you provide more information about this idea, are you talking about in webmail or email clients? Also its very easy for anyone to spoof an email address so it's not always a clear as "it's from an email address i know, so it's not a phishing attempt". 

Community Manager
Status changed to: Needs Info

Team Player

I think mine is webmail...I use Avast browser to go on to www.talktalk.net to get to my emails, I do not use Outlook Express. I now know to look at the email address once I've opened an email but it would be better to not open the email. I understand they can mimic company email addresses but there will be a diiference, probably a '.eu' or country initials. 

Community Team

@ancientbird Thanks, I've passed your feedback over.