Need help?

Signal on line, when approaching the 60 minute free call limit

Submitted by Wasylpm 06-04-2017 | 6 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 2 of 4

I spent over 90 minutes this morning agreeing new contract details.

I have been annoyed about removal of free international calls, which I had been told when becoming a TalkTalk customer (oh those long years ago) would be free for life!!!

So now I have to pay for this service,

So during my conversation with the call taker, I asked:-

"If I am to get 1000 minutes conversation why then is there a 60 minute limit to each call?"

I also added "Why doesn't TalkTalk give an indicator when the call is getting close to the 60 minute limit, so that customers don't get charged for going over that call limit?"

SO, TalkTalk.

Will please set up a facility to either,

a). Inform people at 2 minutes, then 1 minute interval before the 60 minute limit is reached, so that we can finish off the call, before going into charging band.

and/or 

b). Stop the call at 60 minutes, then informing us that we have reached our 60 minute call limit. Also follow this up with regards to reaching the 1000 minute month maximum free calls.

Get more ideas related to: Phone

Signal on line, when approaching the 60 minute free call limit

I spent over 90 minutes this morning agreeing new contract details.

I have been annoyed about removal of free international calls, which I had been told when becoming a TalkTalk customer (oh those long years ago) would be free for life!!!

So now I have to pay for this service,

So during my conversation with the call taker, I asked:-

"If I am to get 1000 minutes conversation why then is there a 60 minute limit to each call?"

I also added "Why doesn't TalkTalk give an indicator when the call is getting close to the 60 minute limit, so that customers don't get charged for going over that call limit?"

SO, TalkTalk.

Will please set up a facility to either,

a). Inform people at 2 minutes, then 1 minute interval before the 60 minute limit is reached, so that we can finish off the call, before going into charging band.

and/or 

b). Stop the call at 60 minutes, then informing us that we have reached our 60 minute call limit. Also follow this up with regards to reaching the 1000 minute month maximum free calls.

What do you think?
6 Comments
Community Star

I like the idea of a couple of beeps at 58 minutes. I don't think customers will be happy at their call being cut off at 60 minutes.

Community Team
Status changed to: Investigating

@Wasylpm Thanks for your suggestion. I've raised this to see if this is possible and will let you know once I have more info.

Community Star

Hmm, I can just imagine the hue and cry if such a system was introduced and subsequently failed. My phone has a timer on the display showing the duration of the call, don't all modern phones have this feature?

Wizz Kid

I rather like the idea of a warning, say at 55 minutes but can someone tell me this: if you go over the 60 minutes, are you charged for the whole duration of the call or only that part of it that exceeds 60 minutes?

Popular Poster

Custos, they only charge for the time after the free 60 minutes.

The question at this point, is if having gone over the 60 minutes by let's say 20 minutes in the case of an international call, does that mean we pay that 20 minute call and to add insult to injury leave us only 920 minutes?

Community Team

Update - I'm still looking into this and have requested an update.