Need help?

Speed Boost 30 min switch off tip in email

Submitted by ITTroll 18-03-2018 | 5 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

After adding Speed Boost to my fibre broadband I found that my download speed was still stuck at 38 Mbps. Quite a few people on the forums have found the same and have found that switching your router off for at least 30 minutes will often kickstart the regrade and remove the old limit.

TalkTalk should include this tip in the email which is sent when the boost is added to your account. This would avoid customer dissatisfaction at the apparent lack of any speed increase and also reduce follow-up support calls.

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

Speed Boost 30 min switch off tip in email

After adding Speed Boost to my fibre broadband I found that my download speed was still stuck at 38 Mbps. Quite a few people on the forums have found the same and have found that switching your router off for at least 30 minutes will often kickstart the regrade and remove the old limit.

TalkTalk should include this tip in the email which is sent when the boost is added to your account. This would avoid customer dissatisfaction at the apparent lack of any speed increase and also reduce follow-up support calls.

What do you think?
5 Comments
Community Star

Including the tip in the Fibre Boost confirmation email is simple, effective and easy to do. No brainer. Great idea.

First Timer

I would have thought that this was the obvious thing to do.

Community Team - TT Staff
Status changed to: Investigating

@ITTroll Thanks for the suggestion. I've passed this on and it's something that we are looking into.

Community Team - TT Staff
Status changed to: New

@ITTroll Just a quick update to let you know that I'm still looking into this with our products team and that your suggestion has not been forgotten. I'm hoping to receive an update within the next few weeks.

Whizz Kid

I see from recent posts in the Fibre Broadband forum that customers are still not being informed to do this when they add the boost. I would have thought it would be simple and quick to add this to the email template.