Need help?

Speed Test Results

Submitted by Barrowman 18-12-2019 | 12 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 2 of 4

As a result of current and past problems regarding low fibre speed and buffering at times.

When using the 'Speed Test Checker' it would be nice to be able to see a record of previous speed tests, I'm aware that you are able to see them so why can't we? 

I know this wont sort out a problem but it would be nice to be able to refer back and see if there is a obvious pattern to the problem.

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

Speed Test Results

As a result of current and past problems regarding low fibre speed and buffering at times.

When using the 'Speed Test Checker' it would be nice to be able to see a record of previous speed tests, I'm aware that you are able to see them so why can't we? 

I know this wont sort out a problem but it would be nice to be able to refer back and see if there is a obvious pattern to the problem.

What do you think?
12 Comments
Insightful One

@Barrowman why not post this in the fibre side on the help site to see what they say and what othere think about it

Community Star

This is something which was available in the past and I am not sure why TalkTalk stopped it. There are of course third-party speed test sites which do allow you to record results over time.

Philosopher

Thanks ferguson

I do use Ookla as well as TT's but frequently come up with differing results than I get in this site, even though this site uses Ookla too....I'd just like to see TT add this back to their site.

Community Team
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi Barrowman

Thanks for the idea, we'll look into your suggestion and get back to you

Thanks

Chris

Community Team
Status changed to: Investigating

I've received an update about this. This is something that we'll possibly look into in future but there's no time frame at the moment - thanks again for the suggestion

Thanks

Chris

Team Player

The only speedtest worth using is testmy.net

It's not flash based which aggregates and is not a real world reflection of actual speed, it logs all your tests and can even be set up to run at set intervals, for example every hour and so on.

The best and most reliable speed test on the net (I have no affiliation with them)

This is my result from the last month, I am on the upto 40/10 package

https://testmy.net/compID/84651513073

Community Star

@dgsection That's a matter of opinion. And what's Flash?  😉

Team Player

A community star who has no idea what Adobe Flash is, guess you have no idea what Java is either lol 😭

HTML5 tests are so more accurate!

Community Star

I have every idea, Flash is almost dead, I was being ironic. Do you not know?

Team Player

Fair point, I guess I missed the emoji implying irony, sorry!