Static IP reservation

Submitted by danpark79 18-12-2018 | 5 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 3 of 4

Would it be possible to impliment static IP assignments on the Wifi Hub as the

feature seems to currently be missing from any of the settings.

I have a few 'smart' devices which prefer a static IP being handed out as they cannot

select their own IP address and rely on the router giving this info. If I use a third party

router I have this option available and everything works fine, but not with the wifi hub!

Get more ideas related to: Broadband Other

0 Likes

Static IP reservation

Would it be possible to impliment static IP assignments on the Wifi Hub as the

feature seems to currently be missing from any of the settings.

I have a few 'smart' devices which prefer a static IP being handed out as they cannot

select their own IP address and rely on the router giving this info. If I use a third party

router I have this option available and everything works fine, but not with the wifi hub!

What do you think?
5 Comments
Community Team
Status changed to: Investigating

@danpark79 Thanks for the suggestion. I've passed this over to our Products Team now and I'll let you know as soon as I know more. Thanks

Community Team
Status changed to: Accepted

@danpark79 Hi, This feature will be available on the next version of firmware which is coming soon. As soon as this is available then your router will be automatically updated to the latest version. Thanks

Chatterbox

I have just received a new Hub to replace my Super Router have also come across this issue as I have a hard wired printer that I require a static IP address in order to access via various laptops etc. that log onto my home network. The super router allowed simple allocation of IP addresses to devices using the DHCP Reservation option. The new hub is a great improvement for my wifi performance but the lack of DHCP Reservations is a serious problem to me.

Does anyone know when this feature will be released?

Community Team

@icesteelman Please can you create a new thread in the broadband section of the Community and we can look into this for you. Thanks

Chatterbox

Hi Michelle,

I already create this thread and the problem has been solved 🙂

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Firmware-update-for-WiFi-Hub-to-enable-IP-reservations...

Many thanks