Need help?

Stop making it impossible to contact talktalk

Submitted by RobW2 05-10-2020 | 10 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

I am so sick of companies such as talktalk using COVID as an excuse for lack of customer service and making it impossible to get a problem fixed. What is easier than customer services to be home based for advisors? All they need is a phone and /or a computer. So simple, but companies like talktalk are using it as an excuse to employ less staff. We are not paying less for the service because of COVID so give us the service we pay for. The website says online chat is available. IT IS NOT. Do your job talktalk and get some customer service agents working before you lose all your customers. My contract ends in a couple of months. I bet you're not slow to contact me then

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

Stop making it impossible to contact talktalk

I am so sick of companies such as talktalk using COVID as an excuse for lack of customer service and making it impossible to get a problem fixed. What is easier than customer services to be home based for advisors? All they need is a phone and /or a computer. So simple, but companies like talktalk are using it as an excuse to employ less staff. We are not paying less for the service because of COVID so give us the service we pay for. The website says online chat is available. IT IS NOT. Do your job talktalk and get some customer service agents working before you lose all your customers. My contract ends in a couple of months. I bet you're not slow to contact me then

What do you think?
10 Comments
Philosopher

@RobW2 if u not happy with the way t/t handle ur issue or are offering help then u can raise a complaint to the ceo office for them to look in to the matter

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-do-I-make-a-complaint/ta-p/2204670

Chatterbox

Thanks for the info hosay299. That will be very useful

Philosopher

@RobW2 that is what we are here for as we are customers as well as staff try to help people out where we can as there can be a wait for staff.

Community Star

@RobW2, Chat is available from links on the update link below:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

They are open morning until early evening every day, but inevitably occasionally busy, so you need to check back to try again.

Chatterbox
hosay299  I tried the link but it doesn't give me an email address to send a complaint only a mailing address. I have managed to contact someone at talktalk but they're reply didn't answer my question surprise surprise. and if I see on an email one more time or on the website "use online chat" I think I'll end up throwing the computer out of the window. Online chat has not worked for a long time. I'm glad my contract ends soon. I've had enough of talktalk and all these other companies using covid as an excuse not to do their job properly

It would be great if Talk Talk could offer a call back service, e.g. We are exceptionally busy at the moment, if you would like a call back press 6; then options to filter call backs e.g. 1 for no internet; 2 for errors when paying online; 3 for in-accurate account details. 

e.g. on my account I have an imaginary mobile with TT; I have asked for this to be removed from my account details; but strange how it can just be removed.  Come on TT website team, edit fields info in accounts etc....

Thanks

Visitor

Hi @RobW2. This might help

Send an email 

You can email your complaint to concerns@talktalkplc.com and we'll try to reply within 72 hours, when you email us please include:

• Your full name
  • Your TalkTalk phone or mobile number

And one of the following:

• The 3rd & 6th characters of the password we ask for when you speak to Customer Services
  • The last 4 digits of the bank account number or payment card you use to pay for your service
  • Your TalkTalk account number
  • Personal security answer provided when you set up your TalkTalk account
Chatterbox

eunyoon21 Thank you for that. Ill try that and see if I receive a reply from them 👍

Enlightened One

"You can email your complaint to concerns@talktalkplc.com and we'll try to reply within 72 hours, when you email us please include:

Your full name Your TalkTalk phone or mobile number

And one of the following:

The 3rd & 6th characters of the password we ask for when you speak to Customer Services The last 4 digits of the bank account number or payment card you use to pay for your service Your TalkTalk account number Personal security answer provided when you set up your TalkTalk account"

I would strongly recommend that you DO NOT follow these instructions from TT's site - they clearly break GDPR regs - would you stand on the street outside you house and shout out "MY SECURITY CODE IS ******** AND THE LAST FOUR DIGITS OF MY BANK ACCOUNT ARE **** ?" because that is what you are doing, emailing them to TT - you don't know who's reading your email.

Come on TT - STOP this risky practice now !

Repeat Guest

Totally agree, my TV box has crashed and I cannot speak to anyone who can help