TT app, Linux Box

Submitted by NickKarletsos 20-02-2019 | 2 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 2 of 4

Hi 

Your STB is a small computer device so here are a couple of suggestions.

> Why not remove the hdd from your PLus box and offer cloud based storage for all of your customers recordings, Free upto 500Gb anything above that charge as a service?

>The STB runs on Linux and already has x2 USB ports, why not introduce "peripheral devices" (keyboard, mouse, webcam)

> Offer the opportunity to EU to install apps or to be able to select amonst popular apps like messanger, facebook, twitter? 

> Maybe introduce a TT app store for your clients where they can "buy" these apps from your store?

Just a few thoughts. 

Thanks  

Get more ideas related to: Broadband TV

0 Likes

TT app, Linux Box

Hi 

Your STB is a small computer device so here are a couple of suggestions.

> Why not remove the hdd from your PLus box and offer cloud based storage for all of your customers recordings, Free upto 500Gb anything above that charge as a service?

>The STB runs on Linux and already has x2 USB ports, why not introduce "peripheral devices" (keyboard, mouse, webcam)

> Offer the opportunity to EU to install apps or to be able to select amonst popular apps like messanger, facebook, twitter? 

> Maybe introduce a TT app store for your clients where they can "buy" these apps from your store?

Just a few thoughts. 

Thanks  

What do you think?
2 Comments
Insightful One

Talktalk do not own the box as it is you view do like bt and others just look on the youview site

Community Team
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi NickKarletsos, there are some good ideas there. Thanks for your suggestions, I've passed them on to the team who are involved with the set top box. I'll post back once I get a response from them.