Need help?

TV Box replacement "upgrade" program

Submitted by jimjam 15-11-2020 | 4 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

Would it not have been an idea to have first contacted and gained customers consent to receive an upgraded Standard TV Box model.

I was pleasantly surprised to receive an email saying that a new upgraded Standard TV Box was already on its way. This did not have the record facility (which is the only function I really use my existing box for) so do not see this as an upgrade, however as it had already been dispatched I could not stop delivery. I now have the choice of running 2 machines, upgrading to a new recordable model, returning or putting one (or both) in landfill, all at cost to TalkTalk and the environment.

Looking at the many community posts on this subject I am not alone. Had customers been contacted first with the available options think of the resource and environmental savings TalkTalk could have saved themselves and the planet.

Get more ideas related to: TV

TV Box replacement "upgrade" program

Would it not have been an idea to have first contacted and gained customers consent to receive an upgraded Standard TV Box model.

I was pleasantly surprised to receive an email saying that a new upgraded Standard TV Box was already on its way. This did not have the record facility (which is the only function I really use my existing box for) so do not see this as an upgrade, however as it had already been dispatched I could not stop delivery. I now have the choice of running 2 machines, upgrading to a new recordable model, returning or putting one (or both) in landfill, all at cost to TalkTalk and the environment.

Looking at the many community posts on this subject I am not alone. Had customers been contacted first with the available options think of the resource and environmental savings TalkTalk could have saved themselves and the planet.

What do you think?
4 Comments
Sightseer

I wish to make a very strong complaint,in May I reported my phone line wasn’t working properly, I received a txt message to say no problem had been found but there was a problem which I’m told had been fixed and here we are in November with the same problem and added to it the broadband went down too, I’m really disappointed with your service, if it should happen again I will most definitely be moving to a more reliable provider 

When I reported a problem with my tv box ie it kept freezing.  Over a year ago  I was told I would have to buy a new one 

I have the same problems.

I have been on the phone for two hours got nowhere. Phone went dead on me in the end no response or help from Talk Talk. Chat line no better either.

Tv  erratic I keep rebooting it to no avail.Even reset to factory settings. Fails to record.

What do I do ???

Time is too precious to deal with Talk Talk in this manner.

Philosopher

for help use chat or post in ur own topic in the help side @SuzyW @Maintenance  @sandra beach @jimjam