Need help?

Takes too long to get help!

Submitted by macruic 15-12-2020 | 2 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

Called to ask a simple question about moving sockets (the master socket in the house we've just moved to is located in the worst place possible, not near any power points, meaning we have to stretch cables from the hallway into the kitchen, and across the top of the cooker using an extension).

I had called a few weeks ago and got through to someone - who was actually quite helpful in explaining the options.

However, today, trying to call back to follow up - the automated telephone service kept saying "there is a problem with the network in your area since 20th November" (there hasn't been) and made me give my mobile number to "temporarily redirect calls" before I could go further.  Then when it came to the next part, I said "engineer visit" - and the service just kept saying "we are unable to help until the issue has been resolved".  It was therefore impossible to talk about anything at all.

I then went to live chat, and 20 minutes in, I still hadn't had the chance to tell the advisor what the problem was.  After half an hour, I was finally told that due to Covid, engineer visits are no longer happening.

Why does it take half an hour to answer such a simple question?  It's not as if "moving sockets" is something new for a telephone/internet company. It's a basic question, and I spent about 45 minutes trying to get an answer to it.  Covid is not an excuse for this.  Train your staff to get to the point more quickly, and fix your automated telephone system.

Get more ideas related to: Broadband Phone

0 Likes

Takes too long to get help!

Called to ask a simple question about moving sockets (the master socket in the house we've just moved to is located in the worst place possible, not near any power points, meaning we have to stretch cables from the hallway into the kitchen, and across the top of the cooker using an extension).

I had called a few weeks ago and got through to someone - who was actually quite helpful in explaining the options.

However, today, trying to call back to follow up - the automated telephone service kept saying "there is a problem with the network in your area since 20th November" (there hasn't been) and made me give my mobile number to "temporarily redirect calls" before I could go further.  Then when it came to the next part, I said "engineer visit" - and the service just kept saying "we are unable to help until the issue has been resolved".  It was therefore impossible to talk about anything at all.

I then went to live chat, and 20 minutes in, I still hadn't had the chance to tell the advisor what the problem was.  After half an hour, I was finally told that due to Covid, engineer visits are no longer happening.

Why does it take half an hour to answer such a simple question?  It's not as if "moving sockets" is something new for a telephone/internet company. It's a basic question, and I spent about 45 minutes trying to get an answer to it.  Covid is not an excuse for this.  Train your staff to get to the point more quickly, and fix your automated telephone system.

What do you think?
2 Comments
hosay299
Philosopher

@macruic please post in the help side in ur own topic and the staff can help but to move ur master socket there is a charge and bt optec do it 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

@hosay299, current advice is that Openreach is only doing installations and sorting complete loss of service, under current Covid-19 restrictions. Moving the master socket will not be prioritised for now.

@macruic, wait until after the New Year, and then post in a help section. For now there is likely to be a delay before it is picked up by staff, let alone getting the appointment fixed up.