Need help?

TalkTalk Fibre to the Premises

Submitted by Gondola 22-03-2017 | 13 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

BT Retail resell the entry level Openreach Fibre to the Premises FTTP products at the same retail price as Fibre to the cabinet FTTC - Infinity 1 and Infinity 2. 

I'd like TalkTalk to offer entry level FTTP to its customers and then having captured those customers there's the opportunity to upsell a Super Boost for the up to 200 / 300Mbps premium products.

That's an instant market of up to 200,000 customers. OK, so it's only a tenth of the existing ADSL customer base at the expense of a bit of training in the additional product lines; but aren't we worth it?  I can't see TalkTalk's UFO reaching those customers any time soon.

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

TalkTalk Fibre to the Premises

BT Retail resell the entry level Openreach Fibre to the Premises FTTP products at the same retail price as Fibre to the cabinet FTTC - Infinity 1 and Infinity 2. 

I'd like TalkTalk to offer entry level FTTP to its customers and then having captured those customers there's the opportunity to upsell a Super Boost for the up to 200 / 300Mbps premium products.

That's an instant market of up to 200,000 customers. OK, so it's only a tenth of the existing ADSL customer base at the expense of a bit of training in the additional product lines; but aren't we worth it?  I can't see TalkTalk's UFO reaching those customers any time soon.

What do you think?
13 Comments
Community Star

Yes, Vitrocmax, I've accepted your apologies for your mistake. I've commented on my topic that you can get FTTC Faster Fibre from TalkTalk but not the Faster Fibre Boost.  Like you say, you go on the BT Retail site and you only get offered the relevant products that BT Retail offer for your location. In your case the FTTC Infinity 1 product (Openreach 55 down 10 up) but no other or the standard broadband up to ADSL2+ products.

Your Availability Checker shows you can get FTTPoD which is not a product offered by BT Retail but it can be provided at a cost (thousands - depends on distance) by BT Openreach by laying new mini-fibre in the ducts to a new fibre distribution point.

What I'm talking about in this topic is the FTTP product(s) offered by BT Retail - those where fibre infrastructure is already laid in the highway to Fibre Distribution points from which individual homes are then connected.

Wise Owl

I can also get FTTP quite reasonably priced too, but the providers able to do it, TalkTalk being one are just not interested in even trying to get people interested, why don't they put the bait out and wait for consumers to take the bait, crazy ???

Drives me mad these multi multi millionaire or possibly billions we are talking they could be worth not even interested in trying to put new things out to customers, and before anyone starts nonsense, I know extactly what is involved with them getting FTTP rather that FTTC. 

No need to explain that point.

Community Star

This morning TalkTalk have confirmed that they're on track to start reselling Openreach FTTP this Autumn (2019).  Trial pricing is agreed with Openreach but the standard pricing is still subject to ongoing negotiations.