Need help?

TalkTalk Fibre to the Premises

Submitted by Gondola 22-03-2017 | 14 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

BT Retail resell the entry level Openreach Fibre to the Premises FTTP products at the same retail price as Fibre to the cabinet FTTC - Infinity 1 and Infinity 2. 

I'd like TalkTalk to offer entry level FTTP to its customers and then having captured those customers there's the opportunity to upsell a Super Boost for the up to 200 / 300Mbps premium products.

That's an instant market of up to 200,000 customers. OK, so it's only a tenth of the existing ADSL customer base at the expense of a bit of training in the additional product lines; but aren't we worth it?  I can't see TalkTalk's UFO reaching those customers any time soon.

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

TalkTalk Fibre to the Premises

BT Retail resell the entry level Openreach Fibre to the Premises FTTP products at the same retail price as Fibre to the cabinet FTTC - Infinity 1 and Infinity 2. 

I'd like TalkTalk to offer entry level FTTP to its customers and then having captured those customers there's the opportunity to upsell a Super Boost for the up to 200 / 300Mbps premium products.

That's an instant market of up to 200,000 customers. OK, so it's only a tenth of the existing ADSL customer base at the expense of a bit of training in the additional product lines; but aren't we worth it?  I can't see TalkTalk's UFO reaching those customers any time soon.

What do you think?
14 Comments
Community Star

No they don't.

Community Star

Explain.

Community Star

Erm, no, you explain. I have been all over the BT retail site and I cannot find any FTTP products there at all, let alone at FTTC prices. So a link would be good. And not to BT Wholesale products, OK?

Community Star

Ferguson, my area is one of those that have infrastructure laid in the Openreach ducts and chambers for FTTP.  I can now order an FTTP product from BT Retail, Zen Internet and AAISP.  The BT Retail pricing offer is the same for Infinity 1 as it would be for a customer on FTTC. I see no difference.

Just because you personally cannot order FTTP is no reason to demand that I explain.

Community Star

Cool. No links though?

Community Star

Ferguson, in response here is the link to my personal quote for FTTP. Same price as FTTC.

£29.99 a month for 12 months. £150 reward card upon claiming.

Community Star

OK, so your idea of FTTP is down 55 and up 10?

Conversation Starter

I'm with ferguson on this one, Gondola. I have added a comment to the post you put up for reference, As I don't have fibre yet I don't know if an engineer visit is needed for FTTC, that's the only bit I can see on the quote that might be a clue.

Community Star

Ferguson and Vitrocmax

It's a quote for BT Retail Infinity1 (up to 52Mb) service and yes it's Openreach's 55 down and 10 up and it's the service that TalkTalk use as a comparison to its Faster Fibre (up to 38Mb) service (Openreach's 40 down and 2 up).

And yes Vitrocmax, as you saw there's an Engineer visit to install the Fibre Modem that's required for the FTTP service.

And yes Ferguson the FTTP infrastructure is currently offering 330 down 30 up on BT Retail's Infinity 4 product.  I'll upload the exchange data.

Conversation Starter

I have commented on the referred 'evidence' post on the Fibre forum here - some misunderstanding between BT Retail offer on the web page and the BT Availability Checker. I note your availability checker only offers FTTP. My checker offers FTTPoD, which I understand to be VERY expensive,