Need help?

TalkTalk Mail Plus : Auto forward mail for 3 months free

Submitted by Gondola 07-10-2019 | 5 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 2 of 4

When TalkTalk Mail users do not wish to subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus or wish to cancel a TalkTalk Mail Plus subscription they may need time to switch mail service providers and make sure all contacts are notified.

If TalkTalk allowed the setup of Auto forwarding for a period of 3 months before the system auto-deleted a TalkTalk Mail account that would help ensure a smooth transition.

Get more ideas related to: Email

0 Likes

TalkTalk Mail Plus : Auto forward mail for 3 months free

When TalkTalk Mail users do not wish to subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus or wish to cancel a TalkTalk Mail Plus subscription they may need time to switch mail service providers and make sure all contacts are notified.

If TalkTalk allowed the setup of Auto forwarding for a period of 3 months before the system auto-deleted a TalkTalk Mail account that would help ensure a smooth transition.

What do you think?
5 Comments
Community Team
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi Gondola, thanks for the suggestion.

Popular Poster

Clearly 3 months would be better than nothing So thanks for starting this.
Ideally this forwarding would be more reassuring and helpful if it were for a longer period of time and with very definite notice when it is due to end. A small (cost appropriate) charge could be made. I have a multitude of alternative emails addresses that I can use and I know how to migrate but my lineone email address is a legacy account that was always a free one - just like Hotmail from the 1990's as I recall. It was never part of a paid subscription with lineone/ tiscali or Talk Talk. This current move with its short notice large charge (not commensurate with costs) leaves a very bad taste that would make it unlikely that I would consider Talk talk for more services at future date despite my subscribing to a multitude of service providers . I had cause to speak directly to several people in Talk talk over the summer and none of them mentioned this intention to charge. If they had  I could have started something of a proactive migration sooner or decided the charge was worth paying for the convenience and sentimental attachment to the email address. My email is embedded in all sorts of places and people, I organise disability sports events and other community activities. I cannot proactively change them all, only react to contacts.@gazzawazza @Woodville @zebidee88 @smappybunny @stevesurrey @lineone_net_user 

Community Star

I see there has been an update to the Help article Cancel your TalkTalk service in relation to the cancelling of TalkTalk Mail Plus.

"If you decide you no longer want TalkTalk Mail Plus you can choose to cancel it. Once cancelled, you'll be able to access your emails through webmail only, this will be available for two years at which point the account will then be deleted."

To completely cancel TalkTalk Mail Plus just Delete each mailbox in your Mail Plus MyAccount. That will cancel billing and permanently delete the email address.

But by notifying TalkTalk Customer Services and cancelling the Direct Debit only allows the use of TalkTalk Mail (Webmail only) for a period of 2 years. Although email client access is ceased the generous 2 years of access to TalkTalk Mail (Webmail only) is more than adequate to ensure a smooth transition to another mail service provider.

Popular Poster

Hi Gondola, @Gondola Thanks for the very helpful update. Do I have to proactively sign up/ start to pay for for webmail @£5.00 per month for a period of time and then cancel to benefit from this 2 years of webmail not just do nothing?

Community Star

Hi MaryB2 I'd say yes, sign up to Mail Plus on a month by month subscription. 

I have no insider knowledge of TalkTalk policy decisions but I am aware that the emails notifying users of mailboxes not attached to any MyAccount suggest that the system will auto-delete those unattached mailboxes within a matter of months. This is actually a sensible action for TalkTalk to take because it will permanently erase from the system compromised and unwanted mailboxes abandoned by former users that do nothing.

If you subscribe to Mail Plus for just one month, add mailboxes to the Mail Plus MyAccount then cancel the subscription you'll have access via webmail for the stated 2 year period. This generous time given in the Help article Cancel your TalkTalk service in relation to the cancelling of TalkTalk Mail Plus is certainly more than enough to do two things. Enable customers to successfully capture incoming mail and contacts over that two year period and, for TalkTalk, to recapture former customers back to TalkTalk Mail and TalkTalk Fibre as their broadband contracts expire and as TalkTalk's super and ultrafast fibre services become ever more attractive.