Need help?

TalkTalk TV App

Submitted by ferguson 13-02-2020 | 48 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

As the TV Planner app is soon to be no more, would it be feasible to incorporate a guide/planner/remote record facility into the TalkTalk TV app? If BT can manage it ....

Get more ideas related to: TV

TalkTalk TV App

As the TV Planner app is soon to be no more, would it be feasible to incorporate a guide/planner/remote record facility into the TalkTalk TV app? If BT can manage it ....

What do you think?
48 Comments
Community Star

If you are happy with the loss of this excellent facility then fair enough. But if you value the app and especially the remote record function then please at least do click the Thumbs Up "Likes" icon.

Conversation Starter

Yes that would be a good idea as it is a app I use everyday I think if talk talk don’t do something they will loose customers so sad 😞 

Super Duper Contributor

Like Ferguson, I value the features of the  "YV " and "TT" TV apps.

(Only just discovered the TT version!).

This change is absolutely indefensible in the current world of technological advancement.

If for some reason the App cannot be maintained, we might as well be back in the dark ages of VHS!

Another possibility would be the use of the up coming Alexa integration, but I suspect any actual "useful" control facility will be a long way down the line.

I can't imagine that the coding requirements to maintain this valuable App are beyond the wit of man, ...or woman! 😉

Community Star

I too would support the integration of the record functionality into the TV app.

Alexa may be ok for whilst at home (if it can EVER be incorporated), but it is remote planning we desire for when away from the box, i.e when on holiday.

Whizz Kid

That would be that would be great although then presents another issue in that I’ve never actually been able to get the tv app to work 🙄

Conversation Starter

Definitely a step backwards for talk talk 🦕

Community Star

Hey @Bobster if we get it back I promise I will try to help you to get it working!

Whizz Kid

🤣

Cheers @ferguson .

The actual app used to remote record etc always worked fine but the Talk Talk TV app that I believe is still active just never loads up on my iPhone 

Super Duper Contributor

@fr8ys I'm confused, having only recently discovered the TT version of the App, I find it is exactly the same underlying App as the You view one, just a different  GUI.

It performs all the same functions in exactly the same way so I can't understand what further integration would be needed.

As for Alexa, that would only be useful if it could perform all the remote functions of the App which is about to be axed!

I just cannot see any usefulness in Alexa if that is merely to make the remote control redundant.

..just one more thing to go wrong without contributing any useful functionality. 🙂

Community Star

@Steamywee The problem is that the TalkTalk TV Planner app is essentially just a reskinned version of the YouView app. Both are being withdrawn. What I am suggesting is that TalkTalk replace the functionality within their own app.