cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

TalkTalk TV app able to pair with multiple boxes.

Submitted by fr8ys | 6 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

As someone who has more than one YouView box, it would be good to be able to pair the app to more than one box so you could send recording request to a designated box. 

Also once paired, the ability to rename the box, such a living room, bedroom, dining room, so you can select the appropriate box easily. 

Get more ideas related to: TV

TalkTalk TV app able to pair with multiple boxes.

As someone who has more than one YouView box, it would be good to be able to pair the app to more than one box so you could send recording request to a designated box. 

Also once paired, the ability to rename the box, such a living room, bedroom, dining room, so you can select the appropriate box easily. 

What do you think?
6 Comments
Community Manager

Thanks for the suggestion, at the moment we only support a single set top box per home and so this isn't possible right now however it would be great to see what feedback/support we get from the rest of the community for this idea. 

Community Star

Whilst not supporting multi room, there is nothing stopping multi boxes on the network for additional rooms for freeview and catch up. 

There are quite a few with multi boxes as we found with the trial ISP issue retail which affected those with additional Humax boxes.

I use both the talk talk app and youview app whlch gives access for 2 boxes, but I have 4 in total.

Community Star

I think that this is a brilliant idea. As Steve says many of us have multiple YV boxes so the ability to set recordings to specific boxes, even if only for the Freeview content would be a really useful bonus.

Visitor

please stephen - just tell the bosses and techos there at talktalk to get on with a multi room option - it makes all the difference for those with kids who are used to this but are stuck on sky because they the only ones doing multi room  - its been going fior 20 years or so - so surely techos at talktalk can get on and work something out. why should multiroom be restricted to just using freeviews rather than the boosts and extra channels that kids rely on like nick and disney etc etc - i hate sky and want to leave, i'd like to join tt as i nearly did today - until i saw no multi room option - its led me to message in here to you- as i like your deals and interface guide on the tv i think is nicerc and easier on the eye etc,  i dont need the mass of channels that sky lumber you with at high costs, and im sure most households and families who have sky would agree there, but while no one else is offering multi room but them, its hard to leave.

Visitor

stephenf - have you any idea if and when tt will do a multi room - im desperate here???? i have a child i dont want to let down as they been through an awful lot in the last year and i wouldnt want to take the comfort of some of the kids channels in their room for weekends. I want to cut down all round on channels i dont need which sky customers like me get lumbered with their expensive over the top packages,  i can do this by switching to talktalk - but at present if i switch it means the kids room just gets basic freeview which isnt what we need either.  

Community Star

Hi @ annab

I think that you have posted on the wrong post. The one that you need is    https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Your-Ideas/TalkTalk-TV-Multi-Room/idi-p/1948905

It may be worth you looking at NOW TV as an instant fix as you can get a box with 4 months KIDS PASS for about £24 currently from AMAZON this gives you up to 4 devices with any 2 in use simultaneously.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NOW-TV-Months-Kids-Pass/dp/B01HOZKYDQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1502584925&sr=...