Need help?

TalkTalk TV poor choice

Submitted by Nick_Selkent1 20-02-2021 | 4 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

The reason I joined TalkTalk was mainly for Pay-TV and freeview channels all in one place. Now that TalkTalk no longer offers this, I have no reason to keep TalkTalk meaning that BT TV who also use Now TV are able to show all Now TV live channels on the EPG and BT also has a few non-Now TV channels too including BT Sport.

With TalkTalk TV you can no longer record programmes on channels viewed through the Now TV app, most subtitles don’t work either.

YOU NOW EVEN HAVE TO PAY NOW TV AN EXTRA £3 FOR THE BASICS OF A TV TO SHOW CONTENT IN HD!!!

Now that TalkTalk has forced everyone onto Now TV we have lost a great range of channels. Also the Now TV app on the TalkTalk TV box is slow and sometimes cuts off during programmes and goes back on to Freeview and then you have to reopen the app again and find where you left off.

Although TalkTalk say TV is not part of their core business, it should be because I won’t be renewing my contract and will go to either BT TV or Virgin Media’s Cable TV. So you will lose customers over it, TalkTalk TV customers are most likely to switch away to Virgin Media and now their TV requires Virgin Broadband, so not only losing TV customers, you’re going to lose broadband and phone customers too.

I cannot yet have Sky until they do away with their dishes in favour of IPTV.

I have an Now TV box and the freeview works better without the TalkTalk box, so the TalkTalk TV box is becoming more and more obsolete.

TalkTalk and BT should bare in mind that many people find it a struggle to get a good standard of freeview channels over an aerial.

TalkTalk should really consider creating its own TV box, dumping the You view box and broadcasting all freeview channels over IPTV and sell TV content and channels directly to TalkTalk customers with the following pay tv channels:

Alibi

W

Dave

Davejavu

Gold

Comedy Central

comedy Central Xtra

BAT

Channel 5

5 Star

Blaze

Nickelodeon

Nicktoons

NickJunior

MTV

MTV music

MTV base

MTV classic

MTV club

The Box

Clubland

Chartshow TV

Kerrang

Magic

Channel 4

More 4

Film4

4 Music

TMF

Discovery

Discovery H&H

Discovery Animal planet

Discovery science

Discovery Shed

Investigation Discovery

Discovery Travel and living

Discovery DMAX

Quest

Fox

Lifetime

TLC

CBS Reality

CBS Drama

CBS Justice

CBS Action

CBS The Horror channel

Sky1

Sky 2

pick tv

Challenge TV

Sky replay

Sky Witness

Sky Atlantic

Sky crime

Sky documentaries

National Geographic

Crime&Investigation

Sky news

Real Lives

Sky History

Sky Arts 1

Sky Arts 2

Cartoon Network

Cartoonito

baby tv

Sony movie channel

Sony crime channel

BBC1

BBC2

BBC3(proposed)

BBC4

BBC Parliament

BBC News 24

PBS

Bloomberg

Russia Today

Euronews

NDTV

CCTV-9

Sports:

All Sky Sports channels

All BT Sport Channels

Eurosport

Boxnation 

Foreign language:

TV5 (French)

DW (German and English)

Rai-Uni (Italian)

RTL (German)

Hellenic TV (Greek)

Sony ent. Asia (Hindi)

PCNE (Mandarin Chinese)

B4u movies (Hindi)

b4u music (Hindi)

Zing (Hindi)

MTV Beats (Hindi)

Zee TV (Hindi)

Zee Cinema (Hindi)

Star Plus (Hindi)

Colours (Hindi)

Adult range:

Television X

Playboy UK

The Adult Channel

Spice Extreme

Babestation

Hustler

The above offers a wide choice of channels to suit everyone. Because of TalkTalk’s decision of getting rid of TV boosts and buying content and using Now TV in its place, we are stuck with the following live channels through the Now TV App

Sky 1

Sky Atlantic

Sky Crime

Sky History

Sky Witness

Sky comedy

Sky Arts

Comedy Central

MTV

Fox

Syfy 

Discovery

National Geographic

Says it all really about the choice we are left with!

Not only have we lost channels because of these changes but we may risk losing Fox and National Geographic because they are owned by Disney now, Disney has been very aggressive at removing TV channels and moving content onto Disney+. National Geographic is already on Disney+ which is worrying. Sky and Fox were originally owned by Rupert Murdoch but Sky is now owned by an American Cable company Comcast and Fox is now owned by Disney, it’s a frosty agreement which led to aggressively removing all Disney channels.

Also TalkTalk has let down Asian customers as the channels and content on Now TV does not cover these channels.

TalkTalk should also launch pay-per-view content such as movies on demand similar to Virgin Media’s Filmflex now renamed Virgin Movies.

TalkTalk has around 4 million customers, what I’m suggesting would go down very well with customers and I’m sure out of your 4 million customers, 2.2 million would be interested in taking up TalkTalk TV.

Think about it, Virgin TV customers will never join TalkTalk because Virgin Broadband is needed for Virgin TV, so they’re never going to switch from a Cable TV service with so much variety and then there’s Sky TV viewers who are bombarded with special offers if they take out Sky Talk and Sky broadband. So they are another bunch who never join TalkTalk.

So rather than keep saying TV is not our core business, you may want to think about that again. I’m sick and tired of having less choice just because I cannot get Sky.

Get more ideas related to: TV

TalkTalk TV poor choice

The reason I joined TalkTalk was mainly for Pay-TV and freeview channels all in one place. Now that TalkTalk no longer offers this, I have no reason to keep TalkTalk meaning that BT TV who also use Now TV are able to show all Now TV live channels on the EPG and BT also has a few non-Now TV channels too including BT Sport.

With TalkTalk TV you can no longer record programmes on channels viewed through the Now TV app, most subtitles don’t work either.

YOU NOW EVEN HAVE TO PAY NOW TV AN EXTRA £3 FOR THE BASICS OF A TV TO SHOW CONTENT IN HD!!!

Now that TalkTalk has forced everyone onto Now TV we have lost a great range of channels. Also the Now TV app on the TalkTalk TV box is slow and sometimes cuts off during programmes and goes back on to Freeview and then you have to reopen the app again and find where you left off.

Although TalkTalk say TV is not part of their core business, it should be because I won’t be renewing my contract and will go to either BT TV or Virgin Media’s Cable TV. So you will lose customers over it, TalkTalk TV customers are most likely to switch away to Virgin Media and now their TV requires Virgin Broadband, so not only losing TV customers, you’re going to lose broadband and phone customers too.

I cannot yet have Sky until they do away with their dishes in favour of IPTV.

I have an Now TV box and the freeview works better without the TalkTalk box, so the TalkTalk TV box is becoming more and more obsolete.

TalkTalk and BT should bare in mind that many people find it a struggle to get a good standard of freeview channels over an aerial.

TalkTalk should really consider creating its own TV box, dumping the You view box and broadcasting all freeview channels over IPTV and sell TV content and channels directly to TalkTalk customers with the following pay tv channels:

Alibi

W

Dave

Davejavu

Gold

Comedy Central

comedy Central Xtra

BAT

Channel 5

5 Star

Blaze

Nickelodeon

Nicktoons

NickJunior

MTV

MTV music

MTV base

MTV classic

MTV club

The Box

Clubland

Chartshow TV

Kerrang

Magic

Channel 4

More 4

Film4

4 Music

TMF

Discovery

Discovery H&H

Discovery Animal planet

Discovery science

Discovery Shed

Investigation Discovery

Discovery Travel and living

Discovery DMAX

Quest

Fox

Lifetime

TLC

CBS Reality

CBS Drama

CBS Justice

CBS Action

CBS The Horror channel

Sky1

Sky 2

pick tv

Challenge TV

Sky replay

Sky Witness

Sky Atlantic

Sky crime

Sky documentaries

National Geographic

Crime&Investigation

Sky news

Real Lives

Sky History

Sky Arts 1

Sky Arts 2

Cartoon Network

Cartoonito

baby tv

Sony movie channel

Sony crime channel

BBC1

BBC2

BBC3(proposed)

BBC4

BBC Parliament

BBC News 24

PBS

Bloomberg

Russia Today

Euronews

NDTV

CCTV-9

Sports:

All Sky Sports channels

All BT Sport Channels

Eurosport

Boxnation 

Foreign language:

TV5 (French)

DW (German and English)

Rai-Uni (Italian)

RTL (German)

Hellenic TV (Greek)

Sony ent. Asia (Hindi)

PCNE (Mandarin Chinese)

B4u movies (Hindi)

b4u music (Hindi)

Zing (Hindi)

MTV Beats (Hindi)

Zee TV (Hindi)

Zee Cinema (Hindi)

Star Plus (Hindi)

Colours (Hindi)

Adult range:

Television X

Playboy UK

The Adult Channel

Spice Extreme

Babestation

Hustler

The above offers a wide choice of channels to suit everyone. Because of TalkTalk’s decision of getting rid of TV boosts and buying content and using Now TV in its place, we are stuck with the following live channels through the Now TV App

Sky 1

Sky Atlantic

Sky Crime

Sky History

Sky Witness

Sky comedy

Sky Arts

Comedy Central

MTV

Fox

Syfy 

Discovery

National Geographic

Says it all really about the choice we are left with!

Not only have we lost channels because of these changes but we may risk losing Fox and National Geographic because they are owned by Disney now, Disney has been very aggressive at removing TV channels and moving content onto Disney+. National Geographic is already on Disney+ which is worrying. Sky and Fox were originally owned by Rupert Murdoch but Sky is now owned by an American Cable company Comcast and Fox is now owned by Disney, it’s a frosty agreement which led to aggressively removing all Disney channels.

Also TalkTalk has let down Asian customers as the channels and content on Now TV does not cover these channels.

TalkTalk should also launch pay-per-view content such as movies on demand similar to Virgin Media’s Filmflex now renamed Virgin Movies.

TalkTalk has around 4 million customers, what I’m suggesting would go down very well with customers and I’m sure out of your 4 million customers, 2.2 million would be interested in taking up TalkTalk TV.

Think about it, Virgin TV customers will never join TalkTalk because Virgin Broadband is needed for Virgin TV, so they’re never going to switch from a Cable TV service with so much variety and then there’s Sky TV viewers who are bombarded with special offers if they take out Sky Talk and Sky broadband. So they are another bunch who never join TalkTalk.

So rather than keep saying TV is not our core business, you may want to think about that again. I’m sick and tired of having less choice just because I cannot get Sky.

What do you think?
4 Comments
hosay299
Philosopher

@Nick_Selkent1 nowtv only went fully live last year and the changes  are coming like move to now tv 

why do u need to record nowtv when u can watch on the app for ages also can download on the app i am talking about on a pc or tablet not the tt box 

dmhg1786

4th time TV TalkTalk stops working. Tonight is the longest down time. Advice given is to turn tv off and on. Yay!  Wish it would work.

Friday nowt-night.  There is  no point in paying for Netflix if we can't get Talktalk.

hosay299
Philosopher

@dmhg1786 if u need help u can post in the help side we other customers can help and the oce who are staff

Paul261
Sightseer

Do I still get BBC iPlayer,Itv hub,4OD,If I don't pay £4 a month and the Freeview channels