cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk handling of phishing reports.

Submitted by Talkytalky1 06-04-2018 | 2 Comments

Whenever  I forward  phishing emails to Talktalk I recieve an autoreply  acknowldgement usually asking me to reply with header information. What I cant understand is the entire phishing email delivery to us is handled by Talktalk meaning that it has access to  the entire header info (not the body) in order to deliver it to us. So why does it need it again ?. With Gmail & Yahoo once you mark it as spam they automatically block the sender from their network

Why cant Talktalk do the same 

Get more ideas related to: Email

TalkTalk handling of phishing reports.

Whenever  I forward  phishing emails to Talktalk I recieve an autoreply  acknowldgement usually asking me to reply with header information. What I cant understand is the entire phishing email delivery to us is handled by Talktalk meaning that it has access to  the entire header info (not the body) in order to deliver it to us. So why does it need it again ?. With Gmail & Yahoo once you mark it as spam they automatically block the sender from their network

Why cant Talktalk do the same 

What do you think?
2 Comments
Participant

This maybe a stupid question but if you're happy with the way that Gmail handles your mails why don't you read all your mails inside Gmail?

Community Team
Status changed to: Unable to Deliver

@Talkytalky1 The team who deal with these don't have access to your email account in order to the view the headers which is why we ask for this to be sent, I hope this helps.