Need help?

Temporary turn off of CallSafe

Submitted by davidw40 18-03-2018 | 11 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

I think CallSafe is a useful feature, so I turned it on. Unfortunately I have had to turn it off after a couple of weeks because two calls were unable to get through to me.

The first was an automatic call from my bank to provide a security number for an online transaction.

The second occured while I was out. When I came back I noticed that there was a message to me so I dialled 1571. All I got was "XXX Hospital" (obviously in answer to the question from CallSafe), then an "end of messages". I tried 1471, but the number was witheld. I am under a consultant at the hospital, so the call was important.

My suggestion: Allow CallSafe to be temporarily turned off then back on. This would have to work instantly to be of any use.

Get more ideas related to: Beat the scammers Phone

Temporary turn off of CallSafe

I think CallSafe is a useful feature, so I turned it on. Unfortunately I have had to turn it off after a couple of weeks because two calls were unable to get through to me.

The first was an automatic call from my bank to provide a security number for an online transaction.

The second occured while I was out. When I came back I noticed that there was a message to me so I dialled 1571. All I got was "XXX Hospital" (obviously in answer to the question from CallSafe), then an "end of messages". I tried 1471, but the number was witheld. I am under a consultant at the hospital, so the call was important.

My suggestion: Allow CallSafe to be temporarily turned off then back on. This would have to work instantly to be of any use.

What do you think?
11 Comments
Community Team

Hi davidw40

Thanks for your feedback, this has been suggested by others on our ideas boards, And will be reviewed to see if this would be possible in future updates. 

Regards

Super Duper Contributor
Thanks for the information, Arne.

I see my suggestion is now listed under "Billing", which doesn't make any sense. I don't know how this has happened as I posted my suggestion in the "Home phone" section.
Community Team

Hi 

I'll look into it and get it changed. 

Super Duper Contributor

Why no action on this for over three months?

Community Team

@davidw40 Apologies for the delay, it has been raised with our Products Team, however we have no further updates at this time. If the suggestion is possible/implemented then we'll update this idea. Thanks again for the suggestion.

First Timer

I had to turn off callsafe to allow my banks computer to send me a code to allow a new standing order to be set up. Thats when I found out that all the work I had done populating my allow/bar lists had been deleted. As you can imagine I am not going to bother untill this gets fixed. Back to using my answer phone to moniter calls. Please when its fixed can you display it prominently so I don't miss it, as it was an excellent Idea.

Community Team

@richardfp29 I'm sorry to hear this. If this does change then we'll update this idea to advise and change this to delivered.

First Timer

How long must we wait for some action on this issue of losing the allowed/barred list when we temporarily have to turn off 'CALLSAFE", it was first brought up in March. Come on TalkTalk pull your finger out.

It was a great idea but is unusable by a lot of your customers. 

First Timer

there are now at least 5 threads asking for more or less the same thing. So please fix it soon.

First Timer

And now its 2019 february and still no action on this issue. Come on Talk Talk where is the customer service. Or is it that you just don't have the technical knowhow to fix it or you just don't care? This is now a year since this thread started and according to the status it hasn't even been investigated.