Need help?

Temporary turn off of CallSafe

Submitted by davidw40 18-03-2018 | 13 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

I think CallSafe is a useful feature, so I turned it on. Unfortunately I have had to turn it off after a couple of weeks because two calls were unable to get through to me.

The first was an automatic call from my bank to provide a security number for an online transaction.

The second occured while I was out. When I came back I noticed that there was a message to me so I dialled 1571. All I got was "XXX Hospital" (obviously in answer to the question from CallSafe), then an "end of messages". I tried 1471, but the number was witheld. I am under a consultant at the hospital, so the call was important.

My suggestion: Allow CallSafe to be temporarily turned off then back on. This would have to work instantly to be of any use.

Get more ideas related to: Beat the Scammers Phone

Temporary turn off of CallSafe

I think CallSafe is a useful feature, so I turned it on. Unfortunately I have had to turn it off after a couple of weeks because two calls were unable to get through to me.

The first was an automatic call from my bank to provide a security number for an online transaction.

The second occured while I was out. When I came back I noticed that there was a message to me so I dialled 1571. All I got was "XXX Hospital" (obviously in answer to the question from CallSafe), then an "end of messages". I tried 1471, but the number was witheld. I am under a consultant at the hospital, so the call was important.

My suggestion: Allow CallSafe to be temporarily turned off then back on. This would have to work instantly to be of any use.

What do you think?
13 Comments
richardfp29
First Timer

Is this new? If so Why were we not told about it? will it solve out problem with bank computers sending us a code?

What is the global approved list?

It's a database of important callers that you don't want to miss, such as:

• Automated HMRC authentication calls
  • Automated hospital appointment calls
  • Automated banking calls
  • TalkTalk numbers

When somebody on the global approved list calls you, CallSafe will put them straight through to you. 

davidw40
Super Duper Contributor

It's over two years since I raised this matter. Why has it not progressed any further?

Weevie
Enlightened One

Can someone please provide proof that the "Product Team" actually exist ?

What do they actually do and why don't they ever respond to these requests - or at least make any improvemenrs to the system - All that I can see on these "YOUR IDEAS" pages is i"it has been raised with the product team" - but I don't think that the product team actually exists ...

ie) An email address would be rather nice