Need help?

The exploitation of vulnerable disabled elderly by talktalk

Submitted by Lynette2 01-10-2020 | 3 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

My elderly mum was interested in television services by talktalk, as ad in the daily mail said she'd get prime free for a year. She enquired about it, but decided to think about it. Was corralled into taking 18 month subscription after several high pressure sales cold calls, told she'd get prime for year and extra freeview channels. Several probs with setup, but eventually installed. No extra freeview, told for weeks that prime voucher was coming, when cooling off period over told it was never coming BUT to take out subscriptions with prime Amazon and talk talk would reimburse in year. This was clearly another lie. Luckily mum is classed as vulnerable, so on advice of Kent Police we previously had device fitted that records all calls made and received from her phone to protect her from fraudsters.  So luckily we have evidence of these shockingly sharp practices. Also charged mum for admin!, double billed her for Wi-Fi (which she doesn't use) and tv! And engineers setup despite being sent letter saying this was free. She's also been told she'll be called back by managers at call centre several times, been told her prime voucher is "on its way, keep checking" (until cooling off period was over), had phone out down on her. My idea is this: it's not really that clever to exploit a little old disabled pensioner, high five! we trapped her in an 18 month contract! and pinched a couple of extra pounds for good measure. I will go to the press, we will engage a solicitor! Normal people do not like the vulnerable to be exploited. The recordings are shocking and upsetting.

Get more ideas related to: Community

0 Likes

The exploitation of vulnerable disabled elderly by talktalk

My elderly mum was interested in television services by talktalk, as ad in the daily mail said she'd get prime free for a year. She enquired about it, but decided to think about it. Was corralled into taking 18 month subscription after several high pressure sales cold calls, told she'd get prime for year and extra freeview channels. Several probs with setup, but eventually installed. No extra freeview, told for weeks that prime voucher was coming, when cooling off period over told it was never coming BUT to take out subscriptions with prime Amazon and talk talk would reimburse in year. This was clearly another lie. Luckily mum is classed as vulnerable, so on advice of Kent Police we previously had device fitted that records all calls made and received from her phone to protect her from fraudsters.  So luckily we have evidence of these shockingly sharp practices. Also charged mum for admin!, double billed her for Wi-Fi (which she doesn't use) and tv! And engineers setup despite being sent letter saying this was free. She's also been told she'll be called back by managers at call centre several times, been told her prime voucher is "on its way, keep checking" (until cooling off period was over), had phone out down on her. My idea is this: it's not really that clever to exploit a little old disabled pensioner, high five! we trapped her in an 18 month contract! and pinched a couple of extra pounds for good measure. I will go to the press, we will engage a solicitor! Normal people do not like the vulnerable to be exploited. The recordings are shocking and upsetting.

What do you think?
3 Comments
Philosopher

@Lynette2 for staff to help please post in help side as no help on the ideas side 

please see here Help with your TalkTalk service - TalkTalk Community

if u wish to raise a complaint them can be done by following the policy here

but once one is raised only the CEO office staff can help so no help on here or on normal support 

A bite of info of Forum:
The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time,(excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays).  The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:- Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

please do not post any personal info on here as full public 

First Timer

I've been told that everyone can see this. Good! I'm glad, I want transparency. I'm exhausted by complaining to this company, No one has taken responsibility, everyone says "I don't actually work for Talk talk." I wonder why that is? I would be ashamed to work for Talk talk too!  I have no reason for keeping this quiet! Their behaviour is DESPICABLE. Worse people I have ever encountered! 

Community Star

@Lynette2 I can see that you have now posted in the Help section, the support team will respond to you there.