cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

The user's personal account on the community should show one's log-in user name and password reset

Submitted by philipoakley 20-05-2020 | 2 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

At the moment I'm having difficulty logging into the community (won't accept username/password), except via logging-in to MyAccount. 

Ultimately, I don't know my actual username/log-in name for the community because of a change of email address (see idea regarding allowing gTLDs). My historic email address is _gone_ so I can't do a password reset against that.My primary email is a modern personal gTLD address.

I have updated my MyAccount user email / log-in name to a spare email address I have (.org.uk), so I am getting notifications to that address.

BUT I can't determine my proper username for the community (which officially needs an independent sign-up).

So, show the user's log-in name on their 'personal details' page (so it only shows when the user navigates there) and also allow a password reset process to help users who are stuck in this limbo. 

[Or provide a better help page to describe the route to recovery in clear english and pictures if it's already available by some odd process... I won't speculate yet]. Any help welcomed @OCE_Ady 

Get more ideas related to: Community

0 Likes

The user's personal account on the community should show one's log-in user name and password reset

At the moment I'm having difficulty logging into the community (won't accept username/password), except via logging-in to MyAccount. 

Ultimately, I don't know my actual username/log-in name for the community because of a change of email address (see idea regarding allowing gTLDs). My historic email address is _gone_ so I can't do a password reset against that.My primary email is a modern personal gTLD address.

I have updated my MyAccount user email / log-in name to a spare email address I have (.org.uk), so I am getting notifications to that address.

BUT I can't determine my proper username for the community (which officially needs an independent sign-up).

So, show the user's log-in name on their 'personal details' page (so it only shows when the user navigates there) and also allow a password reset process to help users who are stuck in this limbo. 

[Or provide a better help page to describe the route to recovery in clear english and pictures if it's already available by some odd process... I won't speculate yet]. Any help welcomed @OCE_Ady 

What do you think?
2 Comments
Team Player

Try a comment to myself to see if I get emailed, so at least I'll know what the community account thinks is my email address, should that be my user-name for login...

Philosopher

@philipoakley  hi u login is ur username on here ad the my account side is a different SYSTEM they are not LINKED

OCE_Ady will not help as this is a none help side 

for help on ur service please post in the help side in ur own topic and wait a reply

tagging staff in will not mean u get help either as it is not part of the normal rules 

to find ur username it will be in the my account on ur profile

UR USERNAME IS philipoakley

as u signed it to post this and u should get emails to the email address u registered as would show u on ur setting on here in ur profile

click on ur icon with the face then click setting in the settings it will show on the 1st tab ur registered email address

there is also a password rest on the same area on another tab

hope that helps u out

any changes or improvements tot he site would need to go to Stephen the community manager and also be oked by people above hi.

the site layout and set up is link the bt one so must be a set design they have gone for