cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

To See Or Not To See, That Is The Question.....

Submitted by Patricia55 | 11 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

TT Community Page with Hidden Text/Link.....Why?

A very odd thing happened to me earlier on, so this is more of an "idea" message to the TalkTalk technicians who should look into it, although I'd like to hear back from any members who've experienced the same on their PC monitor, or anything similar on other pages (i.e. invisible text/links).

I can't remember what I clicked on before this "Access Denied - TalkTalk Community" page popped up, and it's never happened before now (although I only joined 10 days ago). This is the link for that page.....

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Product-Archive/Community-Badges-have-arrived/m-p/1724740/thread-id/908519

Below, I hope to add 3 screenshots of the same image in order to clarify the problem of "invisible" text and link.

•  The first image is what showed when the page opened.

•  The second image is what showed after I'd highlighted the same area.

•  The third image is what showed after I'd switched on my "Dark is better for my eyes" app.

As you will see, the following text and link didn't show on the first image, but did on the other two.....

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

I'm just wondering if this quirk might be happening on other community pages, and that we can't see some relevant or important text/links on a normal white screen.....???

TT Access Denied.jpgTT Access Denied 2.jpgTT Access Denied 3.jpg

Get more ideas related to: Other

0 Likes

To See Or Not To See, That Is The Question.....

TT Community Page with Hidden Text/Link.....Why?

A very odd thing happened to me earlier on, so this is more of an "idea" message to the TalkTalk technicians who should look into it, although I'd like to hear back from any members who've experienced the same on their PC monitor, or anything similar on other pages (i.e. invisible text/links).

I can't remember what I clicked on before this "Access Denied - TalkTalk Community" page popped up, and it's never happened before now (although I only joined 10 days ago). This is the link for that page.....

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Product-Archive/Community-Badges-have-arrived/m-p/1724740/thread...

Below, I hope to add 3 screenshots of the same image in order to clarify the problem of "invisible" text and link.

•  The first image is what showed when the page opened.

•  The second image is what showed after I'd highlighted the same area.

•  The third image is what showed after I'd switched on my "Dark is better for my eyes" app.

As you will see, the following text and link didn't show on the first image, but did on the other two.....

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

I'm just wondering if this quirk might be happening on other community pages, and that we can't see some relevant or important text/links on a normal white screen.....???

TT Access Denied.jpgTT Access Denied 2.jpgTT Access Denied 3.jpg

What do you think?
11 Comments
Insightful One

@Patricia55 hi i have had this one before now before xmas was on a link that one of the comunnity stars shared but was only for them to see i belive//

@StephenF can u help as manager to this site with this and the ads more are a issue as well

Conversation Starter

Good morning, @hosay299 the Insightful One

As I'm not very au fait with using forums, or particularly internet savvy, it's good to hear back from you about this because I think you're right about it being from a link from one of the Community Stars, as I was doing a lot of exloring at the time.

It doesn't make sense, though, that it should only be visible to them because it's users like ourselves who'd also need to be able to Return to my original page if we've inadvertently tried to access somewhere we shouldn't be. But, yes, it shouldn't happen at all. Have a good day...;-)

Insightful One

We see what a OCE has to say about it soon they should pick this topic up soon 

Conversation Starter

Hi, @hosay299

Thanks for forwarding this issue to StephenF, because I wasn't sure whether I'd posted my "discovery" to the right place, being the Ideas Forum. Is there a better place to post such information as mine, or is the Ideas Forum good enough?

BTW, your comment about there being an ads issue interests me because I don't seem to have had any problem with them.

That being said, I've only been here since 12 days ago and probably haven't browsed around the community as much as you do.

However, I do use an ad blocker, so wondered if you'd like to have a look at this.....

https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock 

There are many different options to use, so you might find one which is suitable to your needs.

Community Team

@Patricia55 Hi, 99% of the posts/boards on our Community are public, however we do have some boards which are private. The thread in your post is from 2 years ago which has now been archived. We archive posts older than 6 months old to ensure that only recent or relevant content is available to ensure we are not providing outdated information. I hope this helps. Thanks :)

Conversation Starter

Hi, @OCE_Michelle

Thanks for your response. I understand why out-of-date posts are archived (as they should be), but my query is not about that matter as such. As I said in my post, it is about why I came across a page with some hidden text/link and, as my last paragraph stated, "I'm just wondering if this quirk might be happening on other community pages, and that we can't see some relevant or important text/links on a normal white screen.....???".

If the said page was 2 years old and out of date, why hadn't it been archived 18 months ago? Also, why was the text/link invisible? And, most importantly, are there other areas in the community pages/forums which aren't showing to its members onscreen? If so, that needs to be addressed.

BTW, FYI, since joining here, some very odd things have been happening when using my computer (even when I'm not signed in here). As it happens, I joined on 30th Dec and, on the same day, installed the CallSafe app which seemed to cause me a major problem in trying to change my account settings that day. Eventually, @OCE_Arne kindly helped me out by making the required change from his end (at my request). Thanks again, Arne!!

At this point, I'm beginning to wonder if the CallSafe system has a major glitch in it which needs looking into, as I've read many posts here about the problems it's been causing to other users. It's a great idea, due to the multiple scam calls being generated in recent years, and I was very happy to find it available because I'd been receiving calls for years ~ all of which were claiming to be from TalkTalk, and all the scammers having a very distinct South African accent (not an Indian one, as many posters have supposed).

I really would appreciate some comeback from you (or some other member of your team) about this issue, but not immediate because I know you're all very busy. However, some kind of positive response within the next week or so would be great, particularly about an investigation into the CallSafe system glitches.

Are you still there? I do hope so, and thank you for reading my comments which are all intended to be positive and informative. You see, I believe that TalkTalk could/should be an excellent ISP, but the top management of the company are seriously lacking in foresight and foreplanning, and it's you guys and gals who have to take the brunt from dissatisfied customers (you have my sincere sympathy) which, in fact, should be dumped onto the desks of the Xmas bonus hierarchy.

I don't know what time it is where you are, but I hope the rest of your day goes well...;-)

Community Star

Hey @Patricia55 I know you are new here. But perhaps you could take the trouble to read up a bit on how the forums work and then if you have any specific issues post on the appropriate help section.

Conversation Starter

Hi, @ferguson

Will do.....thanks.

Perhaps you could give me some suggestions, seeing as you apparently think the content of my last post here is inappropriately placed?

Conversation Starter

@ferguson

I'm puzzled about you.....

Why have my last two comments of yesterday, sent directly to yourself here on this thread, been deleted?

Did you delete them?

If so, why?

My first comment to you in response to the above link you posted [https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/custom/page/page-id/ForumIndex] was to acknowledge receipt of it, but when I came back here ten minutes later it had gone!

My second comment was made to replace that one and, again, it disappeared soon after I'd posted it. This has never happened to me in any other areas of my contact with the TalkTalk community, and I'm wondering why only comments made to you have vanished.

Perhaps @StephenF or @OCE_Arne or @OCE_Michelle (who participated here) would like to get back to me about this because it's unacceptable to have any of my comments deleted (which are always polite), particularly on my own thread never mind anywhere else.

As a TalkTalk customer of eight years, I'd greatly appreciate an appropriate response to my query, as well as this comment (my third now) NOT being deleted.