cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

To See Or Not To See, That Is The Question.....

Submitted by Patricia55 09-01-2019 | 32 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

TT Community Page with Hidden Text/Link.....Why?

A very odd thing happened to me earlier on, so this is more of an "idea" message to the TalkTalk technicians who should look into it, although I'd like to hear back from any members who've experienced the same on their PC monitor, or anything similar on other pages (i.e. invisible text/links).

I can't remember what I clicked on before this "Access Denied - TalkTalk Community" page popped up, and it's never happened before now (although I only joined 10 days ago). This is the link for that page.....

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Product-Archive/Community-Badges-have-arrived/m-p/1724740/thread-id/908519

Below, I hope to add 3 screenshots of the same image in order to clarify the problem of "invisible" text and link.

•  The first image is what showed when the page opened.

•  The second image is what showed after I'd highlighted the same area.

•  The third image is what showed after I'd switched on my "Dark is better for my eyes" app.

As you will see, the following text and link didn't show on the first image, but did on the other two.....

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

I'm just wondering if this quirk might be happening on other community pages, and that we can't see some relevant or important text/links on a normal white screen.....???

TT Access Denied.jpgTT Access Denied 2.jpgTT Access Denied 3.jpg

Get more ideas related to: Other

0 Likes

To See Or Not To See, That Is The Question.....

TT Community Page with Hidden Text/Link.....Why?

A very odd thing happened to me earlier on, so this is more of an "idea" message to the TalkTalk technicians who should look into it, although I'd like to hear back from any members who've experienced the same on their PC monitor, or anything similar on other pages (i.e. invisible text/links).

I can't remember what I clicked on before this "Access Denied - TalkTalk Community" page popped up, and it's never happened before now (although I only joined 10 days ago). This is the link for that page.....

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Product-Archive/Community-Badges-have-arrived/m-p/1724740/thread...

Below, I hope to add 3 screenshots of the same image in order to clarify the problem of "invisible" text and link.

•  The first image is what showed when the page opened.

•  The second image is what showed after I'd highlighted the same area.

•  The third image is what showed after I'd switched on my "Dark is better for my eyes" app.

As you will see, the following text and link didn't show on the first image, but did on the other two.....

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

I'm just wondering if this quirk might be happening on other community pages, and that we can't see some relevant or important text/links on a normal white screen.....???

TT Access Denied.jpgTT Access Denied 2.jpgTT Access Denied 3.jpg

What do you think?
32 Comments
Community Star

I haven’t deleted anything, I’m not allowed to, perhaps it was the automated spam filter. I suggested you post about your your CallSafe issue in the appropriate section, can’t  think of anything else you may be puzzled about.

Wizz Kid

@ferguson 

Well, ".....not allowed to" doesn't mean being unable to, but I'll accept that for now.

Spam?!!?
Certainly not, as my comments were polite and relevant to this discussion and nothing could possibly have been deemed as out of place, so there's another reason behind them disappearing. However, there's a very simple way to come to a conclusion about your suggestion, and that is to check the spam filter and see precisely what I did say. @StephenF , could you please check this out? Thanks.

"I suggested you post about your your CallSafe issue in the appropriate section....."
No you didn't. You said, "Hey @Patricia55 I know you are new here. But perhaps you could take the trouble to read up a bit on how the forums work and then if you have any specific issues post on the appropriate help section.", which I found somewhat patronising and rather curt, as well as unhelpful. It is not a pleasant experience to meet a condescending attitude when one is a newcomer here, and it could even put some of TalkTalk's new customers off using the forums.

My initial post on this thread was about "TT Community Page with Hidden Text/Link.....Why?", which I then followed up with responses to other comments made, as well as adding some thoughts and ideas about the various TalkTalk services including CallSafe, so I would suggest that you get your facts right before making any response to anyone's posts/comments.

FYI, I did a lot of exploring around here before choosing the most appropriate place to post, and would appreciate it if you would not butt in where it's inappropriate to do so. Other Community Stars I've had contact with, as well as the OCE's and other members, have all been very helpful and friendly in their responses to me. You are the exception to that rule, so I would politely suggest that you refrain from participating in any of my posts in future, as I find your attitude unacceptable. Thank you.

Community Star

Hey, no problem, I find your attitude unacceptable too. 

Wizz Kid

@ferguson 

And BTW, I know, just as well as you do, that you deleted my last comment here, and that I had to repost it about 20+ minutes later.

Maybe you decided not to do it a second time because I'd inadvertently placed @StephenF 's mention without the correct link on the first one, but made sure it was correct on the second one. That, you cannot deny because I have screenshots of everything, including in the All Posts section where my first sending of that comment showed (before you deleted it, of course).

I shall be reporting you to TalkTalk for inappropriate behaviour as well as downright rudeness. Your attitude towards some of TalkTalk's customers (including myself) is unacceptable, and not that of someone who is supposed to be helpful and friendly, as you are critical and curt to some who've been nothing but polite.

Community Star

No problem, I have already reported you. And I would be obliged if you would stop making false accusations against me.

Enlightened One

........... you can report me as well then community star ferguson, because I have also had more than enough of your horsefeathers!  ~R.

Enlightened One

@ferguson

Quote:-

ferguson

Community Star

I haven’t deleted anything, I’m not allowed to, perhaps it was the automated spam filter. I suggested you post about your your CallSafe issue in the appropriate section, can’t  think of anything else you may be puzzled about.

You may not of deleted it, so did you move it? As you have already admitted some time ago you do do so.

Quote:-

ferguson

Community Star

ferguson

Re: Account information known by scammers [ New ]

Options

on ‎09-07-2016 11:39 PM

Sadly there has been a descent into flaming and trolling so I have had to remove some posts and the thread has been locked pending review by the community manager.

Report Inappropriate Content

Message 1 of 36 (70 Views)

Community Star

@I8this As a moderator I can remove posts for the TalkTalk team to review. I cannot and do not delete them. But thanks for your interest.

Wizz Kid

@ferguson 

Interesting.....

You'll tell others, but not me, that you can REMOVE (rather than DELETE) comments/posts.

Well, now I know.

Thing is, I never got any notifications when THREE of my comments were removed. Why?

@StephenF Could you PLEASE get back to me on this issue, as it's gone too far, as well as being unacceptable to have my perfectly innocuous comments removed by someone who takes a whim to do so when it suits them.

Community Star

@Patricia55  For the last time I did NOT remove/delete, or do anything else with your posts.