Need help?

Train staff properly

Submitted by Joanna3 05-11-2020 | 2 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

I have now spoken twice to customer services regarding cancellation of broadband.  On the first occasion I appeared to be cut off when I got to the stage of cancelling.  The person had offered a free WiFi hub so as I could upgrade.  He'd also told me that I could keep my email address but didn't mention that I would have to pay for it.  The second person seemed more knowledgeable and after speaking to her supervisor told me that they could not offer the hub for free and she informed me of the charge for email.   However, she was not aware of the cost of the upgraded service and seemed convinced that I would have to pay more than was stated in my account.  She did offer me a service which involved an engineer visiting my home but didn't know why that was necessary and I couldn't understand how the supposed upgrade would be of benefit to me. I eventually gave up as I was rather confused as to what was available.  I'm also quite angry that I may have agreed to the service with the hub on the basis that I could get the equipment for free which apparently is not possible.

Get more ideas related to: Other

Train staff properly

I have now spoken twice to customer services regarding cancellation of broadband.  On the first occasion I appeared to be cut off when I got to the stage of cancelling.  The person had offered a free WiFi hub so as I could upgrade.  He'd also told me that I could keep my email address but didn't mention that I would have to pay for it.  The second person seemed more knowledgeable and after speaking to her supervisor told me that they could not offer the hub for free and she informed me of the charge for email.   However, she was not aware of the cost of the upgraded service and seemed convinced that I would have to pay more than was stated in my account.  She did offer me a service which involved an engineer visiting my home but didn't know why that was necessary and I couldn't understand how the supposed upgrade would be of benefit to me. I eventually gave up as I was rather confused as to what was available.  I'm also quite angry that I may have agreed to the service with the hub on the basis that I could get the equipment for free which apparently is not possible.

What do you think?
2 Comments
Philosopher

@Joanna3 to get some help on this post in the my account in ur own topic and the staff can help with ur issues u have and check what is going on for u Help with your TalkTalk service - TalkTalk Community

Visitor

I’ve also had a very unsuccessful chat this morning.  I do not believe I am getting the speed promised in my contract and want to access the chat that included the offer, but can find no way of doing that.  The email information is too scant.