cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unnecessary and unwanted messages from TalkTalk

Submitted by DorsetRover 14-03-2020 | 3 Comments

I have been ‘in communication’ with TalkTalk – telephone, e-mail and via the Forum - since Wednesday 4th March 2020.

I have received no help whatsoever from TalkTalk.

On Thursday 12th March I received an e-mail from TalkTalk and I thought it might be a response to my request for help.

WRONG. It reads

Congratulations!

Hey DorsetRover,

You've just earned the Applause all round badge, So what's it all about? Here's a description of the badge you've just received:

" Lets give them a big hand! You’re doing great 10 likes. "

Why not checkout your new badge in all its glory on your profile?

View it on your profile

On Friday 13th March I received another e-mail from TalkTalk and I thought it might this message would be a response to my request for help.

WRONG AGAIN. It reads

Congratulations!

Hey DorsetRover

Congratulations DorsetRover,

As the result of your contributions to the community, you've earned a new rank!

Your new rank is: Chat Champion

View your profile to see your rank

I CAN DO WITHOUT THE RIDICULOUS ‘CONGRATULATORY’ MESSAGES.

I WOULD PREFER AND APPRECIATE SOME ACTUAL HELP OR ASSISTANCE.

Thank you.

Get more ideas related to: Email

0 Likes

Unnecessary and unwanted messages from TalkTalk

I have been ‘in communication’ with TalkTalk – telephone, e-mail and via the Forum - since Wednesday 4th March 2020.

I have received no help whatsoever from TalkTalk.

On Thursday 12th March I received an e-mail from TalkTalk and I thought it might be a response to my request for help.

WRONG. It reads

Congratulations!

Hey DorsetRover,

You've just earned the Applause all round badge, So what's it all about? Here's a description of the badge you've just received:

" Lets give them a big hand! You’re doing great 10 likes. "

Why not checkout your new badge in all its glory on your profile?

View it on your profile

On Friday 13th March I received another e-mail from TalkTalk and I thought it might this message would be a response to my request for help.

WRONG AGAIN. It reads

Congratulations!

Hey DorsetRover

Congratulations DorsetRover,

As the result of your contributions to the community, you've earned a new rank!

Your new rank is: Chat Champion

View your profile to see your rank

I CAN DO WITHOUT THE RIDICULOUS ‘CONGRATULATORY’ MESSAGES.

I WOULD PREFER AND APPRECIATE SOME ACTUAL HELP OR ASSISTANCE.

Thank you.

What do you think?
3 Comments
Community Star

Hi @DorsetRover 

All members get Community emails / badges to stimulate more active engagement with Community. Don't worry though because it doesn't compromise the help that TalkTalk is giving you via Community following your post on Tuesday 10 March.

Don't worry either about your TalkTalk Mail because Gondola is helping you here and TalkTalk's OCE_Ady is helping you; your Community Personal Message will be picked up by TalkTalk's Community Team on Monday to add your mailboxes to your MyAccount.

Community Team - TT Staff
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hi DorsetRover,

I'm sorry that you are unhappy with the message, this of course doesn't affect any support that you receive. There are no plans to stop this at the moment as there is a lot of evidence that this generally has a positive impact, but thanks for your feedback

Chris

Whizz Kid

Talking about support, why am I still receiving the following  message under 'Manage TalkTalk Mail', reported originally on 4th March?:

! You do not have an active TalkTalk Broadband or TalkTalk Mail Plus subscription, so you are no longer able to create or add new email accounts

By the way, I have just gone to 'My Account, logged in' and there is a message which states:

Never miss important updates form us!

We don’t think our emails are getting through to you. This means you could be missing out on important information about your account, billing and the things that matter to you.

Just tell us your email and we’ll enter you into a draw to win a home entertainment system worth £1000. It only takes a few seconds.

Is this a wind up?

Dorset Rover