cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Upload increase

Submitted by Spectrum 29-04-2017 | 6 Comments

I am a YuoTuber and as such I like my content to be the highest possible but 2Mb is not enough and I have to schedule unploads for when I know I am out of the house because uploading at night strangles my bandwidth and prevents me using tablets etc.

My suggestion is to increase the cap to say 10 Mb for Faster Fibre users. I am sure that most of all the speed complaints all stem back to this 1 factor.

Latest Update: Status Duplicate

Thanks for taking the time to share this idea, It's actually already been suggested by another member so we're going to close this one as a duplicate but we'd encourage you to share your likes and comments on the original idea: Increase in upload speed for 40Mb fibre 

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

Upload increase

I am a YuoTuber and as such I like my content to be the highest possible but 2Mb is not enough and I have to schedule unploads for when I know I am out of the house because uploading at night strangles my bandwidth and prevents me using tablets etc.

My suggestion is to increase the cap to say 10 Mb for Faster Fibre users. I am sure that most of all the speed complaints all stem back to this 1 factor.

Latest Update: Status Duplicate

Thanks for taking the time to share this idea, It's actually already been suggested by another member so we're going to close this one as a duplicate but we'd encourage you to share your likes and comments on the original idea: Increase in upload speed for 40Mb fibre 

What do you think?
6 Comments
Community Star

You already have the option to add a Fibre Speed Boost which will increase your upload ceiling to 20 Mbps subject to the capabilities of your line.

Wizz Kid

At a cost... but that was not the point.

As you well know in this modern age we are all increasingly posting to social media, streaming, doing FaceTime etc. as well as syncing accounts and utilising cloud storage. So why is the cap at such a low bandwidth wouldn't it be more competitive to offer a still low 10Mb at the basic price than to recieve complaints because download speed is strangled by upload capacity.

TalkTalk is a forward thinking, communications group I am sure that they forsee a future of ever increasing burden on the internet infrastructure and must also therefore understand the need to be competitive or die.

Community Star

I am sure that as and when infrastructure improves that bandwidth both up and down will improve also. For this to happen at no increase in cost though strikes me as unlikely. In the meantime TalkTalk are limited to reselling the wholesale packages made available to them. If you look generally across these forums and elsewhere you are unlikely to find the clamour being for increases in upload. I am sure your idea will be duly noted though.

Community Team
Status changed to: Duplicate

Hey @Spectrum thanks for taking the time to share this idea, It's actually already been suggested by another member so we're going to close this one as a duplicate but we'd encourage you to share your likes and comments on the original idea: Increase in upload speed for 40Mb fibre 

Conversation Starter

I've just returned from a stay in Beijing China, living in the backstreet hutong areas. Their cabling is all on poles overhead and looks a right mess....however, my download speed there was 60Mbps. Back in london its only 3.1  ha ha...get a grip UK.

Community Team

Latest update: Delivered

This has now been delivered as we now offer an up to 10mb upload speed for our faster fibre package.