Video instructions on how to set up Filter Rules

Submitted by granpaof2 14-10-2020 | 2 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

Hi,

In the last few months, I have been learning how to use the filter rules to block the garbage emails we all receive. It occurred to me that a video of how to do this would be of use, as a visual representation often helps along with the written description.

grampo

Get more ideas related to: Email

0 Likes

Video instructions on how to set up Filter Rules

Hi,

In the last few months, I have been learning how to use the filter rules to block the garbage emails we all receive. It occurred to me that a video of how to do this would be of use, as a visual representation often helps along with the written description.

grampo

What do you think?
2 Comments
Philosopher

@granpaof2 thanks for the idea i am sure talktalk have info but may be due to changes all the time it would be hard to keep a video upto date if u need more help please post in ur own topic on the help side and we and staff can help u out if u can not find the info u need

Whizz Kid

Great idea, and if this is not possible then how about a new topic post along the lines of  "Setting spam filters for dummies" with some explanatory screencaps and text and then set it as a "sticky" on top of the board.

There are several posts like this in replies from such as Gondola and  OCE_Ady but they are buried within topics and in any case they slip down the board over time of course. 

If it was set as a sticky then forum users might spot it and not have to post the usual " Getting flooded with spam, how do I stop this rubbish? " and if anyone did ask the question staff could just refer them to the sticky rather than spending time repeating the same answer.