Need help?

Virtual Private Network

Submitted by Geheppo4 13-07-2020 | 10 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

As talktalk use F-secure to provide customers with internet security wouldn't it be a good idea to offer customers a VPN provided by F-secure at a reasonable price like yo do with the internet security.

I know that f-secure provide a secure VPN and I have looked into others and it seems that the best VPN provider is Nord VPN but they tend to be little bit to pricy for me and one provided by talktalk at a monthly charge like your safe and secure internet security that you provide might just help me decide whether or not to use one.

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

Virtual Private Network

As talktalk use F-secure to provide customers with internet security wouldn't it be a good idea to offer customers a VPN provided by F-secure at a reasonable price like yo do with the internet security.

I know that f-secure provide a secure VPN and I have looked into others and it seems that the best VPN provider is Nord VPN but they tend to be little bit to pricy for me and one provided by talktalk at a monthly charge like your safe and secure internet security that you provide might just help me decide whether or not to use one.

What do you think?
10 Comments
Philosopher

@Geheppo4 have u tried contacting F-secure directly as talktalk only have a limted contract with them and u could get a deal on F-secure with vpn if they do it have mcafee and they do all sorts of software for different things even password manager

i like it better when u deal directly with the main company and not under a other company like u are

and they do include it in some of the plan packages https://www.f-secure.com/gb-en/home/products/compare

they do it see here https://www.f-secure.com/gb-en/home/products/freedome 

First Timer

Honestly, I've never seen f-secure appear in any comparison when it comes to the top vpn's. I doubt that it's an actually good vpn to be honest. NordVPN, on the other hand, is always at least in the top 3, I would suggest spending a bit more and getting an actually good vpn.

Conversation Starter

@hosay299  Already signed up with f-secure for a 2 year deal on 7 devices at a reasonable price and it is working fine, no problems at the moment.

@Roxannes  you should try looking up F-secure instead of using a comparison web site, they are paid to give god reviews about vpn's. I have read quite a few reviews about NordVPN  and more were bad than good and at their price no thanks, I am a pensioner so I have to look after my money 

Philosopher

@Geheppo4 ok but not with vpn??

Conversation Starter

@hosay299 Yes  F-Secure Freedome VPN from F-secure Corporation in the google play store 

First Timer

Hi, @Geheppo4 I agree with you, you can't fully trust one review. But if you read three or more reviews and you keep seeing the same brands, that signals that they are good choices. F-secure seems like a no-name product to me. They don't say how many servers they have, or what security protocols they use. Don't know, seems like a very weak product that takes advantage of people who are not tech savvy. I would recommend Nordvpn, Expressvpn or surfshark if you want a good quality VPN service.

First Timer

@Geheppo4 Also, where are the bad reviews about Nord vpn? Maybe I've missed something?

Conversation Starter

@Roxannes  So I gather you are a TalkTalk user  but don't use their  internet security which by the way is powered by F-Secure.

Also F-secure have been providing internet and cyber security for over 30 years so  I would suggest you check out F-Secure web site to see for yourself how many products they provided as well as free to use tools.

Check out the NordVPN  & F-Secure Freedome VPN on google play store, think you will be surprised how many 1star reviews NordVPN  gets to the amount F-Secure Freedome VPN got 

Community Star

I think the likelihood of an ISP providing a VPN is a bit of a contradiction in terms. If you want to discuss the pros and cons you would do better to start a discussion in the General section of the forums. 

First Timer

@Geheppo4  That's right, I don't use F-secure products, they don't seem like anything special to me. Moreover, reviews on the google play store for both NordVPN and the F secure VPN are quite similar, 0.2 difference, but the difference between the amount of reviews both products have are much more significant, NordVPN has 4x more reviews.