Need help?

Webmail filters - option for 'Mark As Read' filter action

Submitted by Dangermouse 21-06-2017 | 3 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 3 of 4

I'm using the TT webmail filter system as a 'spam catcher' - both the 'Blocked Sender' filter, plus my own customised one.  Both mostly work ok, but on catching a criteria match, the rogue mail is simply moved to the trash folder and generates an incoming mail notification because it's still flagged as 'Unread'.

I'm aware of the 'Disable notifications on active filters' checkbox - but that appears to be a global setting that affects every filter, including ones for which notifications are really wanted.  It'd be great to have the facility to enable/disable on a per-filter basis instead of all-or-none.

Maybe one way to do this is as per the client-end filtering rules in Outlook - which offers a filter action to 'Mark as Read', thus preventing notifications and (when combined with a 'Move to Trash folder' action) allowing 'silent' deletes/moves/copies etc on each individual filter rules set.

Perhaps a 'Mark as Read' option could be added to the filter actions dropdown?

Get more ideas related to: Email

Webmail filters - option for 'Mark As Read' filter action

I'm using the TT webmail filter system as a 'spam catcher' - both the 'Blocked Sender' filter, plus my own customised one.  Both mostly work ok, but on catching a criteria match, the rogue mail is simply moved to the trash folder and generates an incoming mail notification because it's still flagged as 'Unread'.

I'm aware of the 'Disable notifications on active filters' checkbox - but that appears to be a global setting that affects every filter, including ones for which notifications are really wanted.  It'd be great to have the facility to enable/disable on a per-filter basis instead of all-or-none.

Maybe one way to do this is as per the client-end filtering rules in Outlook - which offers a filter action to 'Mark as Read', thus preventing notifications and (when combined with a 'Move to Trash folder' action) allowing 'silent' deletes/moves/copies etc on each individual filter rules set.

Perhaps a 'Mark as Read' option could be added to the filter actions dropdown?

What do you think?
3 Comments
Community Team
Status changed to: Investigating

@Dangermouse Thanks for your suggestion. I've asked the question and will let you know as soon as I receive a response.

Chat Champion

Still "Investigating"?

Community Team
Status changed to: Accepted

@Dangermouse Sorry for the delay. We'll be improving filters/rules as part of the new mail platform so watch this space, thanks.