cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

When someone is moving house, send the router returns packaging to the new house

Submitted by mattkefford 09-01-2021 | 1 Comment

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

I feel like this should be obvious really, but yet again TalkTalk have displayed complete incompetence with customer service. 
I moved house so I ended my TalkTalk service, they wanted the router back (which has been excellent by the way) and said they’d send out a returns bag, fair enough. 

I gave the lady on the phone my new address and said you should send the bag there as I’m moving house. She said ok and that she’d made a note of that. 

When the bag arrived...which house do you think it was delivered to? Yep...the old one I no longer live in 🤦🏼‍

Luckily we got someone to forward it to us and avoid a 3 hour drive to collect it, but others may not have that option. Plus there is a charge for not returning the router, not very fair if you were to charge someone and hadn’t even sent the bag to them. 

I thought about phoning but I don’t fancy being on hold for 45 minutes just to tell someone over a rubbish phone connection that they messed up. Just in future maybe take into account when someone is moving house and use your brains. 

This has been the final nail in the coffin and I am so glad to be leaving TalkTalk!

Get more ideas related to: Broadband Other

0 Likes

When someone is moving house, send the router returns packaging to the new house

I feel like this should be obvious really, but yet again TalkTalk have displayed complete incompetence with customer service. 
I moved house so I ended my TalkTalk service, they wanted the router back (which has been excellent by the way) and said they’d send out a returns bag, fair enough. 

I gave the lady on the phone my new address and said you should send the bag there as I’m moving house. She said ok and that she’d made a note of that. 

When the bag arrived...which house do you think it was delivered to? Yep...the old one I no longer live in 🤦🏼‍

Luckily we got someone to forward it to us and avoid a 3 hour drive to collect it, but others may not have that option. Plus there is a charge for not returning the router, not very fair if you were to charge someone and hadn’t even sent the bag to them. 

I thought about phoning but I don’t fancy being on hold for 45 minutes just to tell someone over a rubbish phone connection that they messed up. Just in future maybe take into account when someone is moving house and use your brains. 

This has been the final nail in the coffin and I am so glad to be leaving TalkTalk!

What do you think?
1 Comment
Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

It can be done through the forum, in which case you can specify the address in the Community forum profile details, or, when PM'd by an OCE.

More personalised service on here, but usually the system will default to the original address.