cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

YouView Multi-Room

Submitted by adamberry 17-04-2017 | 7 Comments

I know that this has been mentioned and suggested numerous amounts of times, although I feel that TalkTalk has no intention of introducing this feature. I am a young carer and I live in a low finance home. I care for my disabled brother all the time while also studying and jobseeking. As you could imagine, also living in a single parent home would suggest the money is quite tight - for this reason, I praise TalkTalk's cheap deals and their amazing customer service and their outstanding packages. I hardly get the chance to watch anything that I enjoy because they're all on the entertainment boost and my mum and brother often watch it while I prefer to be in my room - and with the lack of multi-room support, I am unable to watch these programs from my room (which I think should be a free feature - if you pay for the box, and for the channels, multi-room support should be offered by TalkTalk for free, even if it's only to their most loyal customers). Other than this one suggestion, I find TalkTalk amazing and I have helped other family members sign up - and they love it, but they have all complained about not being able to have multi-room boxes. Even if TalkTalk decided not to support the idea, but at the very least it should be unblocked and allowed - TV Services these days cost a bomb, and TalkTalk is one of the only providers that gives such flexible and cheap plans, so why not attract even more customers by allowing this feature? It's so disgusting that Sky, BT and Virgin Media charge their customers to access multi-room support when these customers are willing to buy the boxes. These providers often set a price in stone and imagine that everyone in the UK lives such an amazing life that they will be able to afford the best of everything - something that TalkTalk doesn't do (hence their many loyal customers), but not even offering the option is slightly stupid... I hope that my mini essay has convinced some warm-hearted person to consider the lives of others and that sometimes such a luxury can be all that someone needs to get them through the day. I am grateful that you have taken the time to read this and I apologise for the majority of this text being personal but I feel that without some context, TalkTalk will just view the matter as a novelty rather than something that some people may rely on to cheer them up - especially when they cannot afford such services elsewhere. 

Latest Update:  Duplicate

Thanks for the suggestion  @adamberry we've already had an idea for a multi-room service, you can Like the idea here: TalkTalk TV Multi Room

Get more ideas related to: TV

YouView Multi-Room

I know that this has been mentioned and suggested numerous amounts of times, although I feel that TalkTalk has no intention of introducing this feature. I am a young carer and I live in a low finance home. I care for my disabled brother all the time while also studying and jobseeking. As you could imagine, also living in a single parent home would suggest the money is quite tight - for this reason, I praise TalkTalk's cheap deals and their amazing customer service and their outstanding packages. I hardly get the chance to watch anything that I enjoy because they're all on the entertainment boost and my mum and brother often watch it while I prefer to be in my room - and with the lack of multi-room support, I am unable to watch these programs from my room (which I think should be a free feature - if you pay for the box, and for the channels, multi-room support should be offered by TalkTalk for free, even if it's only to their most loyal customers). Other than this one suggestion, I find TalkTalk amazing and I have helped other family members sign up - and they love it, but they have all complained about not being able to have multi-room boxes. Even if TalkTalk decided not to support the idea, but at the very least it should be unblocked and allowed - TV Services these days cost a bomb, and TalkTalk is one of the only providers that gives such flexible and cheap plans, so why not attract even more customers by allowing this feature? It's so disgusting that Sky, BT and Virgin Media charge their customers to access multi-room support when these customers are willing to buy the boxes. These providers often set a price in stone and imagine that everyone in the UK lives such an amazing life that they will be able to afford the best of everything - something that TalkTalk doesn't do (hence their many loyal customers), but not even offering the option is slightly stupid... I hope that my mini essay has convinced some warm-hearted person to consider the lives of others and that sometimes such a luxury can be all that someone needs to get them through the day. I am grateful that you have taken the time to read this and I apologise for the majority of this text being personal but I feel that without some context, TalkTalk will just view the matter as a novelty rather than something that some people may rely on to cheer them up - especially when they cannot afford such services elsewhere. 

Latest Update:  Duplicate

Thanks for the suggestion  @adamberry we've already had an idea for a multi-room service, you can Like the idea here: TalkTalk TV Multi Room

What do you think?
7 Comments
Community Star

The restrictions are entirely down to the providers of the internet channels, bear in mind that TalkTalk only act as a third party reseller here. It would be lovely if these services and much else in the world were provided by warm-hearted people, sadly they are instead delivered by calculating capitalist enterprises which are driven by returns to shareholders above all else.

Popular Poster

I completely understand. It just came to my attention that in 2013 to 2014, multi-room capability of Youview boxes was actually available, even though not supported. I was just hoping that this could be reintroduced. Surely TalkTalk could form a new contract with their providers to allow multi-room support, seeing as these providers would gain some money from it, and so would TalkTalk? I'm not sure if my idea here is completely obsurd, for all, I am only a teenager aha.

Community Star

Not absurd at all, keep up the good ideas. But multi-room with TalkTalk was only ever by accident really, it was never officially supported. And when Sky got wind of it they clamped down and have been doing ever since.

Popular Poster

Do you believe that TalkTalk will ever intend on introducing such a feature? I don't agree with providers like Sky constantly trying to demolish other services because they're afraid to miss out on a few pennies, it's the 21st century, there are people advancing and creating decoder boxes that can stream the HD content free illegally, and their biggest concern is TalkTalk having a minority of their customers streaming content (that they rightfully pay for) in more than one room - now that is pathetic.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Duplicate

Thanks for the suggestion @adamberry we've already had an idea for a multi-room service, you can Like the idea here: TalkTalk TV Multi Room

Chatterbox

Even an RF out would be nice, just to duplicate the box signal to an extra TV 

Community Team

This idea has now been delivered as Multiroom is now available - Using TalkTalk TV Multiroom