cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Your picture of an adult male and a baby girl looking at their phones/tablet etc. seated on a sofa.

Submitted by stjohn13 | 13 Comments

This an awful picture, the male, I presume childs father should be playing with and talking to the child, not engrossed in his phone and leaving her to play on her phone, it's one of the things thats wrong with modern society and you shouldn't add to it. How often do you see young mothers engrossed with their phone and ignoring their child, all too often in my opinion.

Get more ideas related to: Other

Your picture of an adult male and a baby girl looking at their phones/tablet etc. seated on a sofa.

This an awful picture, the male, I presume childs father should be playing with and talking to the child, not engrossed in his phone and leaving her to play on her phone, it's one of the things thats wrong with modern society and you shouldn't add to it. How often do you see young mothers engrossed with their phone and ignoring their child, all too often in my opinion.

What do you think?
13 Comments
Conversation Starter

I the next generation of zombies is on the way sadly.

Wizz Kid

I agrree totally. We are playing into the businesman's dream, where we just stare at screens and spend money and neglect all around us to a greater and greater degree. Just look at our daily screen time on desktop's, tablets and smartphones, endlessly checking stuff like neurotic zombies and thinking we are cool. Social conditioning is nothing new, however, the young and a lot of not so young are bomabarded with advertising because, social media is free which gives the alusion of power, but brainwashes everyone at the same time because, it is designed purely to make money by pretending to be for the common good.

Wizz Kid

Have you considered the possibility that he is supervising her whilst he teaches her to use the web, social media etc. responsibly ?

Wizz Kid

Well, the child is very young and hopefully will have a childhood instead of being force fed being a mini adult before her time. There is no requirement for everyone to spend so much time on media appliances, but children unfortunately see adults clinging to their electronic toys a lot of the time in all sorts of inappropriate situations. It's often indulgent and unecessary. People copy behaviour. You reap what you sow.

Community Team
Status changed to: New

Hi all, thanks for your comments. I'll ask the marketing team to confirm, but I believe that image was designed as part of a campaign showing how family members use their broadband services. 

Community Team
Status changed to: Investigating

Wizz Kid

The aswer is hardly addressing the comments made by members. The girl was barely old enough to sit on a sofa let alone be using a tablet or phone. It's a poorly thought through campaign.

Community Team
Status changed to: New

Hi hughmoz, the child is very young as you point out. I recently spoke to a friend who has a 3 year old grandson with Autism and they use audio and video downloads on a tablet to help educate and develop their grandson. Not all use of technology is bad, but equally it's not all good. It's never our intent to offend with any material and if it has offended some then it is without intent. 

Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

Hey @Hughmoz, Firstly thanks for the suggestion, always great to hear from our customers. I'm sorry to hear that the hero image used across the site isn't to your liking. We like to use nature photography throughout our branding that shows the glorious diversity that makes up the human race along with a direct or implied use of our products rather than an intention to advocate a future "zombie generation" as @teaman99  put it. Technology and connected devices, these days, plays a vital role in everyday life which is why it's important to keep your children and yourself safe online which is why we offer some great, award-winning tools such as Home Safe & SuperSafe Boost along with regular updates and advice from experts in our Security Blog

You may have noticed that over the past few months we have used different images, for example, we had a great image of our WiFi Hub for most of the latter part of last year then around xmas we featured a festive scene. We're not married to the hero image and it can be changed, I guess my question to you and all of our members is, what do you suggest we use? Obviously, we'd need to ensure it still aligns to our brand guidelines but I'm open to suggestions...? 

Wizz Kid

OCE Andy, there are many ways to educate, and the world has managed to educate people all over the world without computers/tablets/phones in the whole of our history until relatively recently so, it's hardly relevant as an excuse. There's nothing wrong with an A4 pad and some pens and using proper teachers in the room with you. All companies engaged with phones/tablets/computers want customers to use everything as much as possible and be as dependent on them as, it's a purely commercial consideration to make money. The fact that communication companies blow up their own self-importance is just hot air. It's daft and unecessary. If TalkTalk put proper resources into running a half decent email platform and kept the broadband going far more efficiently that would count for far more than constantly bigging themselves up!

As for Stefan F's comment I have no idea what he is talkinhg about, and I guess my comments to you (Andy) equally apply.