cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

block invalid scammers phone numbers

Submitted by stig2001 25-10-2019 | 1 Comment

I've just had yet another scam caller purporting to be from Microsoft. As usual I waste their time as much as possible and then tell them they are criminals, hang up and tried to report the number.

However, this time Check & Report wouldn't accept the number: 012815830862 - saying it was invalid. Clearly the scammers have been spoofing as UK numbers for some time, however this seems to be a new twist in that it initially looks like a UK number but clearly isn't.

Firstly I should have been able to report it, but even better why aren't such numbers blocked at source, i.e. if the caller's number is not valid for the country (especially if in the UK) then the call should  simply not get through. If this could also prevent the calls coming from overseas using spoofed UK numbers then everyone would benefit.

Get more ideas related to: Beat the scammers

0 Likes

block invalid scammers phone numbers

I've just had yet another scam caller purporting to be from Microsoft. As usual I waste their time as much as possible and then tell them they are criminals, hang up and tried to report the number.

However, this time Check & Report wouldn't accept the number: 012815830862 - saying it was invalid. Clearly the scammers have been spoofing as UK numbers for some time, however this seems to be a new twist in that it initially looks like a UK number but clearly isn't.

Firstly I should have been able to report it, but even better why aren't such numbers blocked at source, i.e. if the caller's number is not valid for the country (especially if in the UK) then the call should  simply not get through. If this could also prevent the calls coming from overseas using spoofed UK numbers then everyone would benefit.

What do you think?
1 Comment
Community Team
Status changed to: Duplicate

Hi Stig2001,

Thanks for your suggestion. We've already had a similar suggestion which I've raised to the relevant team, I'm currently waiting for a response.

Thanks

Chris