Need help?

discovery channel

Submitted by texasranger1 21-11-2017 | 9 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

I have talktalk tv plus with the entertainment package but think that this package whitch we all pay for could have the extra premium channel added, for eg- Discovery,Discovery ID etc,Animal planet etc etc, surely there is scope for talktalk to add these extra channels.

we can't even access them via now tv app as this only allows films and as we can't add third party apps we are stuck. I've had to pay for TVPlayer on my roku Stick but talktalk is the only provider that doesn't allow us access to these extra channels.

Please community lets get behind this idea and 'like' the post ansd see if something can be done!

Thanks Community

Get more ideas related to: TV

discovery channel

I have talktalk tv plus with the entertainment package but think that this package whitch we all pay for could have the extra premium channel added, for eg- Discovery,Discovery ID etc,Animal planet etc etc, surely there is scope for talktalk to add these extra channels.

we can't even access them via now tv app as this only allows films and as we can't add third party apps we are stuck. I've had to pay for TVPlayer on my roku Stick but talktalk is the only provider that doesn't allow us access to these extra channels.

Please community lets get behind this idea and 'like' the post ansd see if something can be done!

Thanks Community

What do you think?
9 Comments
TalkTalk Products Team

Thank you for the post, this is really helpful. We are always re-evaluating what channels and features represent best value and experience for our customers so this is good to know.

Conversation Starter

Thanks HollyBy for the quick response,i just think that you should allow some way for us to access these extra channels like other providers.As talktalk doesn't allow third party apps etc and now Tv is only for films i have to access these extra channels via my Roku Stick which i have to pay a charge for.

I don't think that i'm allone in saying that it would be good to have everything on our one talktalk tvplus box and wouldn't mind paying a small extra charge for this privilidge.

Thanks

Community Star

2 likes so far! I am not sure that everyone would agree, one person's favourite is another's couldn't care less, that has always been the issue with bundles of channels. If TalkTalk decided to introduce Discovery with a price increase I am certain there would be a backlash.

Conversation Starter

compaired with all other providers talktalks prices are a lot lower and if only a small increase you never no, or could they add on a month basis.?

As off minuete i pay an extra primium to access other channels via 3rd party on Roku and would be ideal if we could access all on talktalk tvplus box, Could even allow installation of 3rd party apps and players on there box!

Participant

One thing I have just noticed Plusnet  have got entertainment boost for £ 3.00 and they have Discavery Channel so it’s only Talktalk.

Community Star

I personally wouldn't pay extra for these channels as I find the American animal shows tedious. I like aircraft and various other topics, why can't we have more of these channels, where do you draw the line? 

I enjoy Discovery very occasionally so I got 6 month NOW TV entertainment and cinema passes and boxes for about £20 (ludicrous as the passes were worth far more than the combined box and voucher prices and I now have 7 black NOW boxes still in their boxes unused!!) . If you want all of them on one box go to SKY and pay their prices !!!

One of my NOW TV cinema passes was due to expire so I cancelled it until it was due to renew with another voucher so that they didn't use my card to auto renew whilst I had a valid voucher, their response was why don't you have it for 4 months at £3 per month !! No brainer that one and I shall use another voucher in 4 months time using my 4 YV boxes for the cinema offering .!!

Participant

Now tv is ok but I can’t understand why you have to go to now tv to watch tv if talktalk don’t bother to show it . I spoke to Discavery and they said that talktalk is the only company how are not showing Discavery . It makes me wonder how many more channels are going to go missing like channel 331 Sonny Channel  . Plus net charge the costumers £3.00 for entertainment boost talktalk £6.00 now why is there more channels on plus net ? Talktalk entertainment boost is a joke.

Community Star

Plusnet's Entertainment Pack for £5 includes these premium entertainment and sports channels:

Alibi, Animal Planet, CI, Comedy Central, Discovery, E!, Eurosport, Eurosport 2, Gold, History, Investigation Discovery, Lifetime, MTV, Nat Geo, Nat Geo Wild, Sony Channel, SyFy, TLC, Universal, W, BT Sport 1, BT Sport Extra 1.

Entertainment Plus for £3 extra

Comedy Central Extra, MTV Music, Movies 24, H2, TCM, Eden, Good Food, Discovery Science, Discovery Turbo, VH1, MTV Classic.

So, a mix of Premium Entertainment, Sports and Movie channels for £8 or Premium Entertainment including Discovery, both Eurosport channels and BT Sport 1 for £5 (price checked on 19 Feb 2018). 

Visitor

TalkTalk used to have Discovery channels from the time of launch until about 2 years ago. It would be nice to see Discovery and TLC return.