Need help?

email files sizes

Submitted by StormChaser 24-06-2018 | 4 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 3 of 4

i think talktalk needs to let users have bigger photo attachment files as camera pics are bigger in size these days. you cannot send more then 4 at a size of 20MP without it being stopped and rejected

Stormchaser

Get more ideas related to: Email

email files sizes

i think talktalk needs to let users have bigger photo attachment files as camera pics are bigger in size these days. you cannot send more then 4 at a size of 20MP without it being stopped and rejected

Stormchaser

What do you think?
4 Comments
Community Star

Emails were never intended as a means for transmitting large attachments. There are many ways to share larger files remotely other than email.

Community Team
Status changed to: New

@StormChaser Thanks for the suggestion and I've passed your feedback on.

Community Team
Status changed to: Accepted

@StormChaser We're currently working on rolling out a new mail platform, which will allow you to send file attachments up to 25mb each which is the industry standard.

Visitor

Is there any update on this? Is the limit still 10 MB?

A tip when sending high resolution photos. It is the file size (in MB) not pixel count (MP) that matters. You can use a photo editor to reduce the file size without reducing pixel count by reducing the 'quality' (i.e. increasing the compression) of the JPEG. For most purposes the quality reduction won't be noticeable.