Need help?

get a dedicated complaints team during covid

Submitted by brotherdeluxe 24-04-2020 | 9 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

seems with covid enforcing the shut down of virtually all talktalk customer care communications, complaints raised through the dedicated complaints process are being neglected. i raised a complaint via email and this generated an auto response which simply directed me to the overloaded and inadequate agent chat feature. this auto response didn't reassure that my complaint had been received and would be processed, albeit slowly under the circumstances. i appreciate the difficulty in trying to manage customer services during covid, but it's surely important to at least keep a skeleton staff monitoring complaints raised through the official process

Get more ideas related to: Broadband Mobile Other Phone TV

get a dedicated complaints team during covid

seems with covid enforcing the shut down of virtually all talktalk customer care communications, complaints raised through the dedicated complaints process are being neglected. i raised a complaint via email and this generated an auto response which simply directed me to the overloaded and inadequate agent chat feature. this auto response didn't reassure that my complaint had been received and would be processed, albeit slowly under the circumstances. i appreciate the difficulty in trying to manage customer services during covid, but it's surely important to at least keep a skeleton staff monitoring complaints raised through the official process

What do you think?
9 Comments
Philosopher

@brotherdeluxe they are but with high workflow and can take upto 5 working days to get to ur one and may be more now.

the support is on here but on the helps side thats where they have started at start of month to send everyone but there is a 2 week backlog 

Conversation Starter

i fully understand and wouldn't expect anything other than a backlog in the current circumstances. my concern is about the process of complaint management

good practice would suggest the necessity of a reassuring auto response for customers lodging a formal complaint, not a response directing them to the general chat. the customer has likely been through the general chat, found it unsatisfactory and/or unsuitable and has decided the only avenue to address their difficulty is to raise a complaint

in my case, an agent started me on a contract without my permission and the general chat cannot resolve this. therefore, simply being directed back to chat is wholly frustrating and suggests the formal complaints process has completely collapsed. raising a complaint is a definite process and the documented complaints procedure lists the expectations and timeframes for dealing with complaints. while the current circumstances undoubtedly and understandably change those expectations and timeframes, talktalk have not made any attempt to address this or reassure their customers about the handling of formal complaints. that's my concern

First Timer

Try calling their sales team:

you'll get through in seconds to a human being.

But that human won't be able to help you and you will end up back in the circle of hell that is their online self-help community chat room.  Like that will sort out a tree falling through your phone line. (For example of the management stupidity of hoping someone 'out there' will be able to solve your problem for them.)

By my estimation they are curently getting around 1200 emails a day to concerns@talktalkplc.com.

I image that is where you got your automated reply from too.

So it's not as if the demand/need for a substantive response isn't there.

Nobody expects instant service in the circumstances.  But a clear, authoratitive response on what the road map is from here would stop all this traffic.

Live in hope that someone other than you and me (another disgruntled customer) is reading this.

But

Conversation Starter

@Royat33NV 

hi, i was lucky and got my woes resolved -- at start of week managed to get through to a couple of helpful and responsive people on the phone. my rogue contract problems were resolved and the agent and i were able to agree a new contract. took much more effort than necessary, but we got there in the end

First Timer

Had to change to but to get fault fixed

Sightseer

Returned to talktalk after being told they had upped their ballgame where customer service is concerned.Biggest mistake this year got  .broadband connected eventually then found out 4 days after going life with phone the morons had changed my phone number after being told when taking out contract it was imperative I kept my old number owing to medical reasons.5 days on and problem still not sorted.Guess nothing as changed at customer service.

Conversation Starter

@jabbo frustrating. had similar experience on moving house. told could keep number. so asked to keep number. and TT gave a new number. thankfully, it wasn't imperative

customer service is from sublime to ridiculous. had some really tediously tough times getting help. so much so that i get really agitated and resentful when i need to approach CS for help. but... when i had major woes with some chat agents for my renewal recently, thankfully i was eventually able to get through on the phone to a couple of helpful, understanding and attentive agents who sorted it all out. it was like a different world!

anyway, you don't want to hear how it eventually worked out OK for me! just hope you manage to get in touch with someone like that!

Repeat Guest

Further to having had two visits by TalkTalk engineers to repair a fault on my telephone and broadband connection, I continue to have an unacceptable level of crackling noise on all phone calls and the broadband internet frequently will not connect. I am certain the problem is in the exterior overhead landline connection, which one engineer replaced last August.

Now I can find no way to communicate by telephone or internet to TalkTalk any request for help. If I remain unable to get this fault repaired very soon I intend to cancel my TalkTalk Bill payment Direct Debit mandate and to take my business to another service provider.

Sightseer

No chance of getting problem fixed no caller ID tried everything.